Ch 40. Go

Dedication for luvlie_ladie2205 !

____________________________________

I remembered last time I was there. I never went to that audition. I just ran away as fast as I could to get to mom.

I opened the door to my apartment, wondering what had changed. There was a change. Or not.

Clair was back to her old self. Being that dark gloomy girl, hiding from the world. Was it a change or not? It was hard to tell.

"Clair..." I mumbled, trying to throw off the cover she was hiding under.

"Don't touch me!"

"What happened?" I sighed, finally pulling the cover off, throwing it on the floor.

"They rejected me."

"And that made you become like this again?"

"The world is dark and hates me. I should be dark as well and become as cruel as the world." Clair shrieked, totally upset. I grabbed her wrist, pulling her up.

"Stop it, Clair..."

"And where were you?!" she yelled. I stopped and looked into her eyes.

"I had some errands at home to run."

"More important than acting?"

I looked away. Mom was more important. "Yes."

I changed the topic and dragged her out, doing the circle once more. Clair was too vulnerable. She couldn't take rejection or she's break down in an instant. I needed her to build up her confidence to stay. Nothing that was built up fast but broken down easily.

I pulled her in the streets even though she clearly didn't want it. She was the same Clair that I met for the first time when I was got the apartment. So dark and gloomy. "Stop it, Audree!" she kept yelling to me and even though I felt bad for it I couldn't stop myself because I knew that it would work and that I was doing it for a good purpose. "It's too bright, I can't take it!!!" Clair went on, hitting my arm with her girl-like strength,

We were standing in the middle of the street, with the car sounds honking everywhere, and people walking around not looking after their surroundings. I was having a huge smile plastered on my face, clearly missing it all. That place where you could be in a crowd big enough to make you feel like everyone else and not stand out. I looked back at Clair, expecting her to feel the same but she was completely petrified. Scared of it. It felt horrible for how scared she was of something that I had longed for.

I grabbed her shoulders, gently shaking her - as if she'd wake up or find her sense with it. "You need to find your confidence Clair."

"Get me out of here!" she yelled out, with people around us looking at us which only made Clair even more nervous.

"Stop it!!!" I yelled as loud as I could to overcome her voice. "You need to stop this. You don't have the self confidence to become an actress. If you don't try to do anything you'll stay like this forever." She sighed.

She was about to snap at me. Snap as in hit me. But she couldn't because someone walked in her, making her fall to the ground, with her black robe-like dress covering the ground. "What the-?!" Clair screamed, at her limit. Well, she stopped whatever she was doing when she saw the person who had pushed her down. It was a tall blonde man, a bit older than us, probably around his twenties. He was good looking, but nothing that special.

"I'm so sorry!" he apologized, squatting down to help Clair up. "Are you okay?" he asked her with intense eyes. Clair didn't say a thing. I didn't even look at her, because my attention was caught up by that man. He wasn't just any random guy passing by. He had a whole plan in his head. I could see how dark his aura was. He was fake and he was only acting.