Ch 68. Embarrassment

___________________________________

I took a look at the menu. So many dishes that I loved. Burgers, pizzas, and lots of french fries.  I bet there were wonderful pastries there. I looked at my surroundings. Making sure that no one I knew was near me. I wasn't in Kandred, so what did I need to worry about? I wasn't there after all, everyone around me were complete strangers.

My eyes stopped at the hamburgers, scanning the ingredients. Onions, meat, salad, dressing, oh lots of dressing. I waved for the waitress and she took my order. I felt ashamed when I kept rambling my order that never seemed to end. I didn't even remember how many dishes I ordered. There were too much to keep track of. She left after she had repeated my order, which seemed to be more than six dishes. Lots of drinks. When he left it felt like I could finally breathe. I looked out the window, watching the people move in the crowd. How could there be so many people in the streets? I was only comparing to Kandred.

My eyes kept following a certain person that looked like someone I knew. At first I was taking it for granted that no one would see me through the glass, then I met that person's glance which made me conscious of the transparency. I dodged her eyes and tried to hide, but it was too late. Amber definitely saw me. I closed my eyes, hoping that I could disappear from the world. Right now, lone time was the one thing I desired the most.

When I finally opened my eyes, there were so much food placed in front of me. Smelling good. Making me drool. I was back in heaven. Food heaven. Just when I was about to grab the huge hamburger with two layered meat on I saw a figure taking the seat in front of me.

"Are you expecting someone?" asked Amber. She was looking at me with that smirk of hers. I didnt want to lie to her.

"No, I'm all alone." I mumbled, putting back the burger on the plate.

"This is enough for five people, you know." she chuckled. I knew it. I was a bit embarrassed.

"So why are you here? You don't go out a lot unless you have work." I changed the subject. Amber suddenly blushed, completely exposing herself. She only had that face when it was about one thing. "Could it be..." I laughed. "Your boobs?"

"No!" Even though she denied it, I knew that she was lying. Amber wasn't a good liar at all.

"It's your boobs. You are going to get some kind of treatment to make them bigger right?" I started to laugh. It was funny that someone as confident as Amber was insecure about herself. It just didn't seem likely.

"Shut up, Audree. How about you then? If you really want to become a famous actress you need to watch what you eat!" I stopped laughing. She was right. I was losing to my confusion. But I still couldn't toss all the food in front of me.

"I heard that eating more makes your chest grow." I mumbled. It was the truth, but of course your whole body would get bigger. Amber was weak when it was about her chest, so she hesitated.

"Are you sure...?" I smiled to her, then eyed the mountain of food. "Just once in a while is fine." I grabbed my fork and dug into the spaghetti. Amber didn't even hesitate to take my hamburger, the one that I had stared at all the time, planning on saving. 

"Why can't my boobs be big?" Amber suddenly shrieked, her mouth stuffed with food. I definitely knew Amber's weakness. "I feel like a man."

"They don't need to be big at all, Amber... Boobs are boobs, no matter what size, you know." I said, chewing my food at the same time. I noticed that people were staring at us like we were animals.

"You don't understand me, since you have big boobs."

"I don't. They are just normal C-cupped, Amber. Sometimes even B." She looked so surprised, like she had expected me to be a E-cup. I looked at her chest as discreetly as possible, but she noticed my glance right away.