Ch 58. Mine

Dedicated to my latest follower, CindrellaGrey! Thanks for following and kudos to all my other followers who keeps track of my stories. 

______________________

I slowly turned my head to face him. Because I couldn't believe what he was saying. Matt. The boy that was my best friend. The boy who ignored me because I was a loser.

"Audree, I love y-"

"I heard it." I stopped him, having a nervous breakdown. He thought I didn't hear him and tried to repeat it. I wouldn't know what would happen to me if he said it again. It felt unreal. But was I happy?

The bubbly feeling inside me didn't give me such a great answer. I didn't feel good. Did he really mean it? Or were there cameras around? Was he going to tape it, then show everyone the tape at school to embarrass me?

"Why?"

"Are you going to ask me why I lo-"

"Don't say it again." I interrupted him. For some reason, I didn't want to hear those words come from him.

"I just... started to realize it when you started to disappear from school. You are more than just a childhood friend to me, Audree." he told me, grabbing my hands. His big hands were so warm, but so different from Zach's. "Go out with me."

I looked away. I didn't know what to think anymore. "Are you serious?" I mumbled, then took a quick glance at him. His aura was completely pink. He was telling the truth. He looked at me with mesmerizing eyes, then nodded.

"Get away from her." a loud voice was heard. Probably drawing some attention from the neighbors, because I did see some people standing by the windows, watching us. It was a small town, so of course everything was heard. I looked in front of me, away from the people that were observing us. 

"Zach." I stood up, shocked of his sudden appearance. "What are you doing here?" He was panting, with sweat drops filling his forehead and neck. The sky had a darker color, which made him look even better, like a mysterious creature. Sweating was no issue for Zach, even though it would look gross on any other person. He stomped over, not connecting his eyes with mine, something I expected. He was looking right at Matt with a furious look.

"You get away from her!" he shouted louder than ever, pulling onto Matt's collar. Matt flew up along with the great force with a smirk on his face. I didn't understand a thing.

"What are you doing, Zach?!" I screamed, trying to get them off each other. I tugged onto their shirts, I launched myself between them, I did everything. It didn't work. They kept shoving me aside, then continuing their fight. I couldn't stand to see them hit each other, seeing bruises appear one by one. "Stop it!!!" I yelled on the top of my lungs. People were now surrounding us, sprinting out from their houses. They looked at me with big eyes, like I had waken them up from a dream. It looked like Zach hadn't seen me until I had to yell loud enough to reach Krystal's earbuds in California. 

"Audree?" he mumbled. He looked at Matt again, then at the people around us. Zach let go of him, then got up, trying to reach me. I didn't want to be near him. I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to see him like that with Matt. It didn't hinder him though. Right in front of me, they were fighting over something I had no clue of.

"Why are you doing this?" I shrieked, then ran away to my house, too upset to stay. He ran after me. I was faster,

"Audree?" mom called out, after asking me something that I couldn't hear since I was too busy running upstairs. "Audree?!" she repeated, but I couldn't answer because I'd choke on my tears.  I heard sounds from downstairs while my face was swelling up. Zach was there, talking to my mom.