Ch 28. Reek Of Light

Early update!

Answering some awesome comments before we move on to the story!

Nivreik07: "(Sorry for the wrong grammar, english is not my mother tongue) Im sorry i've become like a "silent reader" for 5days but i just can't do anything while i read every chapter of your first story, SMLTBD. I Love it very much that i want more of it. But then, i realized that this story is like a sequel of it, only, Audree is the main character and it really satisfied me. I LOOOVVE your stories. :) and I can't wait to know what will happen to Audree on the next update! :D keep it up! and Godblessu.."

What can I say... GOD BLESS YOU GURL! And I have waken a silent reader damnit yess! Readers who are awake are my motivation so keep it up readers! :D

And ofc, dedication for you, Nivreik07 because your comment is so sweet :)

_______________________

I closed my eyes. And just tried to get away from reality. Which I kind of succeeded with as I suddenly heard a voice, feeling like I was taken back to another timezone.

"You're not coming?" mom's voice cracked up. There were blabbering from the other line on the phone. "But you haven't met her even once! You need to see her!" she complained. I desperately tried to get closer, to hear the other person through the phone. I knew who it was. I wanted to hear his voice. Get to know how it sounded. How my father's voice was like.

I sneaked around our vase that mom seemed to love collecting, getting closer to her, but what I heard from the other line was only an annoying noise which couldn't be identified as a voice.

"What's the matter with you?! You don't even want to meet your own daughter!" mom snapped at him. He argumented back, but I was unable to understand what he was saying. "You don't even know her name." I took small steps and hid under the table, that I was able to crawl under since I was so small. "I won't tell you because I want you to hear it from her! It won't make any difference even if you know her name, you still won't come here."

I hit my head on the table from the shock. He didn't even know my name. He didn't want to see me at all. I crawled out from the table standing in front of the big vase that was the same size as me. I was at the edge of crying. I backed, and totally forgot that the vase was behind me, making it fall and crush into hundreds of pieces. Mom looked back at me with huge eyes and hung up without notice.

"Audree!!!" she cried out and hugged me, as if I was hurt. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head. "Mommy..." I let a tear slid down my chubby cheeks. She tucked a hairstrand behind my hair that was too short. "Does daddy hate me?"

Shaking her head, she denied it completely. "No dear!!" She led me to the livingroom, away from the dangerous spot with porselain shards scattered all over the floor. "Daddy is very busy." she told me and smiled. I remembered how I kept crying on her lap as we sat on the sofa. My legs were so short and couldn't reach the floor sitting on her. I was only a kid, longing for my dad.

Mom was always there for me. No matter what. I didn't even care for dad anymore. I never knew him. I never had a special relationship with him, and even though I never realised it I kept whining and complaining, wanting him. What would I do when I meet him? Meeting someone who's supposed to be your father, but never were. Never came for my birthdays. Never supported me. Leaving a huge gap in my heart. He was only guilty for not being there. Why didn't I treasure what I had, something that was in front of me all the time, instead of looking and longing after something that was impossible to achieve on my own will? If he'd want to meet me, he'd come. But he never did.