Ch 62. No One Else Has This

New followers are well appreciated! Thanks to Marine_Daughter2005 for subscribing.

____________________________

Everyone was watching us as Craig flew to the side, stepping around so that he wouldn't lose his balance. He looked at me with big round eyes, filling his aura with red. "What are you doing?!" he yelled at me. I wanted to laugh. But I couldn't. Why did I do that? I had just worsened it. He'd never let me go after that slap.

"Why are you like this?"

He was stroking his cheek, still feeling the burn. It was red of course. I had hit him that hard. People weren't watching us anymore, averting their attention to whatever they were doing. Except of three people. The producers. They were staring at me with wide eyes, slightly grinning.  "You do your job, I do my job. If you don't listen to me, you'll regret it."

"What? You're going to make me pay?" I chuckled. "I'd rather pay those money to you than stay in West Bite. I know that you need me, Craig. I'm not going to quit A.J Virtue."

He starting to loosen up, but he was still intending to keep me. "Andrew can't be serious. He won't make a good boss."

"At least he's honest and faithful to his clients and workers." I said, then glanced at him to see if he had any kind of reaction. Nothing.

It really felt like he was heartless. I looked at the producers that were still staring at me. "Just double the cash, Craig. They'll sign the contract with you. I'm going to record and you can't stop me." I put my drink down and I hadn't even tasted it. I couldn't relax around him. "See you." I strutted out through the crowd. Just when I was about to go out the exit three tall guys covered it like wall.

"Audree, right?" the one guy that was good at holding his poker face winked at me. He was really curious about me.

"Yes." I shook hands with him.

"We've decided to join West Bite." the guy told me. He looked happy for once, which shocked me. Good for them. They were signing into their ends of their careers.

"Isn't that nice?" I smiled, trying to end the conversation so that I could leave.

"Because we love you!" the happy guy cried out. "Audree, you just slapped Craig Maste! You're awesome. I can't wait to work with you. I'm Henry, this is Caleb-" he pointed at the grumpy guy. "- and this is Peter."

"Really nice to meet you." I nodded at the rest of them. "We're going to get along well." Because all of us hated Craig. "But if you dislike him, why do you even want to work with him?"

"We don't want to work with him. We want to work with you." It was Peter who said this, which I didn't expect since he didn't seem to talk a lot. Henry was nodding happily while Caleb seemed like his grumpy self again.

"We've been looking for someone like you, Audree." Henry winked at me. I stopped trying to get away. What did they mean? I straightened my dress nervously. Were they talking about a job?

"What?" They looked at each other then shook their heads.

"You'll see. I'm looking forward to work with you." Henry lifted his glass to cheer with me, only that I had left my drink. They dispersed, leaving me there standing by the exit all clueless. I looked back at them, leaving to another group to mingle.

Craig was standing there, just looking around while he was awkwardly drinking from his glass. A figure approached him. I recognized that person immediately. A huge hood that was covering the whole head and sunglasses despite being inside. It was Red. What was he doing there? Talking to Craig. He did not fit into this party while wearing his normal outfit. I could only see his back as he was talking to Craig. Craig wasn't scared at all, something everyone in the room seemed to be. They were talking for what seemed to be hours, days, an eternity. Everything went slow motion to me. Because I didn't know what was going on anymore. Then something even more shocking happened. Red took his glasses off. But I couldn't see his face. Craig didn't even seem surprised at seeing him. Or knowing how he looked like. Craig and Red knew each other.