Ch 67. Challenge Accepted

________________________________

Mom was going to stay in California for a while, to run some errands. 

"Where are you going to stay, mom?" I curiously asked her. I really wanted her to stay with me, but that would be impossible since the landlord wouldn't like it. She couldn't possibly stay at a hotel.

"I'm going to stay at Anna's place. We have lots to talk about, I haven't seen her for over five years..." I still hadn't processed it all yet. The thought of them all knowing each other was scaring me, especially since I somehow encountered them. It was a crazy coincidence, or maybe even fate? 

I had lots to ask her. But I didn't know what to ask, the me inside was so confused. I just didn't know what I was confused about. Mom simpered, then sauntered away down the road. I didn't know where she was going at all. I knew less about her than I thought.

I still felt somewhat awkward around mom since we had a discussion about dad. She still hadn't changed her mind about me meeting dad, and I was still a stubborn kid. Just the thought of him being there... I couldn't wait to see him.

I walked to the set slowly, so that I could think. Think about Zach. I still hadn't cleared up regarding his application to West Bite. Why did he join? When? 

¤¤¤

"This is Andrew Johnson, guys." I introduced the producers to Andrew. I tried to savor the formal moment for as long as I could before Andrew would burst out in his clowning.

"Henry."

"Caleb."

"Peter."

They seemed so uninterested. I nudged them. "What's up with you guys?!" I freaked out. "Didn't you want to join A.J Virtue?

"Not really. You just offered us to join if we'd get out of West Bite. I think we are fine by ourselves." Caleb yawned. He was just like always, tired and negative.

"Then how are you going to find the money to produce your movies?" I smirked.

"Caleb is right. I'm happy that you're offering us a place here, but we are fine like this. We will find a way to finance things." Henry defended Caleb. "And you didn't tell us that this place is weird." He was talking about the crazy interior.

"Stop being like that boys. Believe me, it's a good place." I looked at Andrew for some support but he seemed to be tired. He didn't say a thing, which was the weirdest thing ever.

"The company is going down, Audree." Andrew blurted out. "We don't have the money for it." I turned around, slapping my hair on Henry's face. He grunted, but I couldn't care less about him tasting my hair when my agency was bankrupting.

"Andrew? What did you say?" I clearly heard him. But I had to make sure if I was hearing things. 

"We are going down 4 blocks!!!" he suddenly yelled out. Henry and the others nearly fell down, scared to death by his sudden outburst. "I just bought another office four blocks from here Audi! Come on, be happy, happy, happy!"

"What do you mean, Andrew?! You said that we don't have the money for it!"

"Uh yeah? We don't have the money for these triple producers! They are not interested - I'm not interested." 

"You just bought a new office, you do have money, Andrew!"

"Yeah I do. I'm not going to lie. But these boys are swindlers. They are just looking for my money. I bet they haven't made a single movie." Andrew was laughing. I couldn't believe what he was saying.