Ch 63. Gamble

Deds to annphilo for some awesome votes! Thanks!

__________________________

"You've gotten into a huge mess." Krystal was trying to process everything in one go. She then looked at Amber. "Why did you apply for West Bite?"

"It's so hard to find an agency that accepts new people. West Bite was the best one." Amber stared at the wall, feeling guilt pile up inside of her. I got out of my seat. I needed to settle things.

"I'll see you later." They didn't find time to ask me where I was going since I was so fast to leave. I was going to find other people in West Bite who was against Craig, but had also fallen into his trap. Again, I was outside that tall scary building.

"Audree!" A voice was yelling. I looked back, seeing Henry and his crew.

"You're here." I approached them, wondering why they were there. "Are you here to sign the contract?" They looked extremely tired with messy hair. Only Henry looked decent with a suit on, while Peter and Caleb were in sweatpants.

"Yeah." I could use this in my plan.

"Actually. I don't think you should join his company for real. You know that West Bite isn't a good company." I explained.

Caleb seemed to wake up when he heard me. "But we need the money for our next movie, and you're there so we'll be fine right?" Peter looked at him with weird eyes. 

"What can Audree do for us really?" Peter mumbled. "We'll figure something out. We kind of admire your boldness. How you just slapped Craig without hesitating." I chuckled.

"Oh, that. It did feel really good." I laughed. "But I have a better plan. Actually, I was forced into a contract to help my friend. That's why I'm in West Bite and I need your help me destroy the contract. Are you up for it?"

They looked at each other. "What are we supposed to do?" Henry asked me.

"I'll explain later, but now I really need to find more people. I just really want to advice you to not join West Bite. It's like borrowing money from the mafia. No, actually it's safer to borrow money from the mafia." 

"Then how do we get the money if not from West Bite? We can't ask the mafia." My mind was processing a plan, but it was so hard to put it together.

"The only thing I need you to do is to observe. Observe everything you see when you enter the building. Go sign the contract, I'll help you off the contract later if you help me with this."

"We still won't get our money and this is a waste of time if we just sign a contract to get off later without our money." Caleb was extremely cranky.

"Do you know Andrew Johnson?" I asked them. They looked at each other, doing their secret conversation just by one glance.

"Yeah." all of then called in unison.

"He just started a new company, A.J Virtue. I can't promise you that he will lend you money but I know that he'd be more than glad to help you if you join. I'm a part of A.J Virtue, that's why I'm trying to get out of West Bite. Are you in?"

"This is too complicated. It's like gambling." Peter said.

"It's either gamble of lose everything on West Bite."

"Deal."

I smiled. I finally had someone who'd help me. "Here's the plan..."

¤¤¤

The hallway seemed to be thousands of miles long. It was completely quiet, and only the sounds of our steps was heard, echoing through. Craig was sticking his head out from the door, looking very excited. It seemed like he really wanted these producers no matter what. Just like how he wanted me. "You're here!" he threw open his arms, welcoming us more than enough. He was surprised of seeing me, since he only expected Henry, Peter and Caleb. "Wow, Audree! Feels like you're my personal assistant!" I so wanted to slap him again.