Ch 45. I Don't Trust Anyone

Myellou everybody!

_____________________

"Is it because of Craig?"

He saw through me immediately, hitting the exact point. "Yes." I unexpectedly frowned. I wasn't prepared for him to know. Maybe I was too obvious. Maybe all of the judges knew how scared I was of him.

"DING DING DING!!!" he suddenly yelled, scaring me enough to jump right up in the air. "That Craigo."

I was stuttering a bit, not sure of what I was supposed to do next. I wanted it so badly. But I couldn't accept that offer no matter what.

"Craigo man. Craigo man. Craigo man."

"I'm not going to change my mind." I told him with serious eyes. It felt like he was trying to worm his way into changing my decision.

"No, sweetheart!!!" Andrew was shrieking out loud as if it was a big misunderstanding. "Sweetie. No. No. No!" I had always liked how Andrew was far from serious and always had fun in his way, but it had soon become a tedious act as I was getting impatient along with my curiousness.

"Can you please get to the point?" I asked him, trying to keep my annoyance surreptitiously hidden. I looked over at Red to keep an eye on him, and saw him sitting on the staircase connected to his apartment.

Andrew finally picked up my order and put on the most solid face he could manage to hold. Well, the most serious one I had seen so far. Which wasn't that serious to begin with.

"Since I saw you perform... I've decided to leave the agency. I never really liked West Bite."

"You're leaving?" I shouted, noticing my shrill voice after hearing myself. Why would he leave West Bite because of me? He seemed to get along with the other judges there.

"Yup. West Bite is a bit creepy. Creepy, creepy, creepy!" he started singing, losing his mask.

"Sedate, Andrew, sedate."

"Oh." he grinned. I wondered a bit how he was as a kid. He must had been very hyperactive, seeing him as an adult being high like that. "Well, West Bite is a bit evil. I've seen their ugly side since I was in one of the highest positions of the agency. But anyways, I'm going to leave."

It didn't have anything to do with me. I didn't understand why he was telling me about it since I had nothing to do with it. "And?"

"I'm going to start something new!!!" he yelled, making lots of noises, as if he was celebrating. It wasn't the time to be celebrating since Red lost it and grabbed my shoulders so that I could stay away from Andrew. He had gotten really protective, always thinking that I was in danger all the time. I was the danger magnet after all.

"See?" I sighed. "Stop that, you're scaring people."

"Sorry." Andrew apologized to Red, but it didn't change a thing.

"So?"

"So?" he stole my line. "So what?! I'M STILL A ROCK STAR!!!"

"So!!!" I snapped at him.

"Please join my new agency."

"Don't listen to him." Red told me. "He's crazy." He was ready about to drag me back with him to the apartment but I stood there, petrified. I felt something. I wanted to do it. I trusted Andrew. It just felt like the right choice. Like it was something I needed to do; the right path for me.

"Red." I mumbled, tugging onto his comfortable soft jersey. He was surprised of how I was suddenly initiating to touch him since I had never dared to before. "I think that I should."