Ch 61. Celebration?

Hello, here you go.
_________________________

I had just made it worse. I was supposed to get back Amber's contract and save her. Instead I got involved with a contract. Now both of us were in a trouble.

"What did you do?!" Amber yelled at me.

"He was going to make you pay 500 000 dollars!" I shouted. None of us were happy. Our plan hadn't worked at all. Craig saw through us immediately. I felt so stupid.

"Great. Now what do we do?" I couldn't really answer that. I saw no way out. We kept walking along the streets in a sad mood.

"I guess we'll have to take our punishment." I mumbled, feeling the tears rush into my eyes. It was depressing, how it had all turned out. My big plan was only big for the bad. I couldn't even think anymore because of the numb feeling inside of me.

Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore. The tears just flowed out from my eyes. I hunched down, trying to hide from everything, the passing people that were looking at us awkwardly, the shame, the world. Nothing had gone right from the beginning. It felt like a sign from God.

Amber leaned down, patting my shoulder. I glanced at her, seeing her original shine and behavior, as she had recovered. Now it was my breakdown.

¤¤¤

After crying tons of tears I was lying down on my bed, looking at the sealing that might someday fall down and crush us because it was so old and cracked. Maybe when we are asleep it would break down. I scrolled my list of contacts, finding mom. When I called her it didn't take long until she answered.

"Hello?" her chirpy voice sang.

"Hi mom." I said, trying to sound cheerful. She did notice it immediately, of course. No one could fool their own mom.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"I did a big mistake." Actually it wasn't really a mistake. It was just bad timing. If I had waited longer for Craig to process my rejection maybe he wouldn't had suspected anything. I started from the beginning, when I met Craig at the audition, explaining every scary detail of him, especially the scary colors that were surrounding him. I had never talked so much about my ability so it felt weird, but very refreshing for once. Mom hadn't answered for a long time, not even a single yes, or "mm"'s. I thought that she had laid the phone on the table, to tired to listen to my rambling. "Mom?"

"Yes, Audree?" she answered me. I was relieved that she listened to everything. Almost everything. I had only told her about the audition and about how scary Craig was, but I never got to finish before I thought of how disappointed she would be. Leaving my home just like then, only to fail when I join an evil corporation that only wanted to keep their actors dreams still and get compensation paid as their profit.

"That was everything." I said. I couldn't tell her more. I didn't dare to. What would she think of me?

"Audree..." she sighed. I thought that I was doomed, that she already saw through me. "I told you that I warned you of this world you're entering."

"Yes. There are scary people." I was scratching my nails nervously.

"If you keep going with your shine you'll eventually find your place." It felt so encouraging how she was talking to me.

"Wait mom..." I mumbled. "My shine?"

"Don't you think I have noticed how your shine was growing everyday since you stopped going to school?" she chuckled. I was smiling, finally feeling at peace for once after what Craig had done. 

I wanted to talk to her more but Amber entered the room, having a gloomy face on. "I have to go now mom. Bye." I didn't even wait to hear mom say goodbye, I just hung up. "What's up, Amber?"