Ch 43. Bloodstains

Deds - SecrectBoookWorm!

___________________________

I opened my eyes as soon as I felt myself lying on a soft material. Even though I wanted to sleep for the whole day, I couldn't refrain from thinking that it felt weird. I knew that I wasn't at home. I wasn't anywhere near my home or anywhere I had ever been to.

It wasn't like I had expected to be at a perfect place, but it didn't look like a normal apartment. The one I woke up in was old, run down, and very rustic. Very close to the end-rustic. It wasn't a place anyone would want to live at.

"I know it looks bad." Red suddenly said, when I saw him sitting at the corner. I was embarrassed of how I showed my dislike and felt a bit stupid for judging.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that." I mumbled. Why was Red there? "This is your place?"

"Yeah." he got up and got closer to me which scared me a bit. I didn't want any situations regarding being alone with a boy in a room. It didn't involve Zach though, as it had happened a lot of times before.

I backed as much as I could when he got closer. He sensed it easily how scared I was so he settled down at that spot. "You're hungry aren't you?" he said. He suddenly threw something at me which I caught easily. It was an apple. I looked at it with big wide eyes. I was very hungry. I took small bites while looking at the wall. He saw me eating and slowly took steps back to his corner. Red was very nice. He changed. It really felt like he was someone considerate. It was his true self. No one could act that way without being it. Well, without being fake.

"I've misjudged you, Red." I said when I finished my apple. He seemed surprised as I suddenly talked to him, comparing with the earlier silence. "What you did before... It was bad. But you've changed." It felt like he had something that has scarred him for life.

"I've changed?"

I nodded. I was annoyed because I couldn't see his aura. It had disappeared ever since that night. Like his dark aura disappeared along with all his other feelings. It got a bit awkward, because he didn't know what to say.

"Why am I here?" I asked him, still looking around at the apartment. It felt like the roof was going to fall down on us any second.

"You lost your conscious, so I took you here. I didn't know where else I could take you, sorry."

"It's fine." I smiled. I tried to be more friendly but it felt like he was creeped out because of that.

"Why were you out so late?" he asked me. I looked at the old wall. It was discolored.

"I couldn't go home." I said. I was thinking about Craig. As soon as his face popped into my head I felt nauseous.

There was something scary with him. I could feel chills down my spines immediately just by hearing his name. I didn't want to think about him anymore. I looked at Red. He was just as mysterious as ever. I didn't even know how his face looked like. "Why won't you show your face?" I popped the question. I didn't want to work up on that question, as I preferred going straight forwardly to the point.

It looked like he didn't want to answer it. I knew that I was being insensitive about it, but I didn't want to keep wondering and thought that going right at it was better. "I can't show my face to anyone here." This time I got out of the soft bed, crawling to Red. As I got closer he tried to back off. It was a contrary effect and he was surreptitiously trying to hide how scared he was of me. I was raptly examining his glasses, then moving onto his big hoodie hiding his hair, nose and lips. What was there to hide?

I slowly reached my hand for his hoodie, ready to pull it down, but he took a harsh grip of my wrist, then looking into my eyes. He was trying to to dig into my eyes but it didn't have any effect as I couldn't even see his eyes. What color did he have?