Ch 39. On The Right Track

Dedication for NerdyCandyBookLover because you have the most awesome comments I have ever seen. You are a saint for showing your support!

_________________________

"What?" I mumbled. I couldn't say anything but that. I was out of words. My breathing stopped and my eyes were wide big. Mom was standing in front of me, feeling insecure. I could feel her aura. And I finally understood.

"I..." she mumbled again, thinking that I didn't hear it. "I have an ability. To see emotions."

"You can see auras?!" I yelled out. At first she was upset and regretful, not knowing what to do. It did look like I was freaked out.

She looked away with a pause before answering. "Yes."

I got teary eyes. "Why?" I said.

"What? How should I know?"

"Not that." I said. "Why didn't you ever tell me?!" I cried out.

"I couldn't! It's... hard."

All those times. She always knew what I was feeling. She knew every emotion I felt. She knew every time I was lying. She was just like me.

"That's why I know that you're lying." she continued before I could say anything. "Do you love acting that much?" she asked me. I didn't know why she was asking that.

"What? No." I lied. Turquoise color was surrounding me.

"I know that you're lying."

"Yes." I changed my answer and looked away with a shameful look.

"Haven't you noticed?" mom said. "Even though you won't act anymore... You still do it by impulse. It's something you do naturally."

She was right. All the time. I was pretending. I was acting the happiness. I didn't even know it myself. I knew that it was fake. But I didn't know that I was acting. I didn't understand why I did it even though I had decided to never act again.

"I understand now." mom's voice echoed. "This is your gift."

"My gift?"

"I never thought you'd walk down that road. I never expected it. But now I know that you can do it." What did she mean? What was she saying?

She shone up. "Go get it. Go act. I know that you can do it."

She was supporting me. "You... Want me to act again?"

"Yes."

It felt like stars escaping my body. Pure happiness coming out. I wasn't the only one too. Mom was happy. Her aura was glittering. Shining. She was proud of me. And she could also see auras. She knew everything that was going on inside me. I jumped into a hug, attacking her.

"Thank you!" I started crying, letting the tears drip down on her shoulders.

Mom chuckled. "I thought that you'd be more freaked out and think that I was crazy."

"I'd never do that. And I understand you." I pulled out from the hug and looked into her eyes. "It's in the genes."

Her eyes were big. "What?" I nodded with a huge smile. "You... too?"

"Yes!" I shrieked. I dragged her to the living room and prepared for a comfortable seat. "Do you think it's genetic?"

"I don't know. When did you get it?" mom asked. Her eyes were beautifully twinkling.

"I've always had it, ever since I was born." I remember when I used to be a small child I always felt my mom's calm presence. I had a huge affection towards her and I knew that I had probably felt her loving aura whenever I was around her.