Ch 19. Just Not Working

Heya update for you :) trying to write more but just won't work... well soon it's summer. At summer... STUFF HAPPENS XD

Dedicated to HaleyisAWESOME, and I agree with the name, and thank you so much for writing on my message board it encouraged me a lot to keep writing and I had to post within minutes after I saw it!

___________________

"I love you sooo much!!!" I cried out, going down on my knees. Then I burst into laughter. Krystal chuckled, looking at me as I was rolling around the floor. "You have to do it seriously!!!" she groaned a bit jokingly, but I knew that she was serious. When I stopped laughing I got up from the floor, and sat on my bed next to her.

"It is kind of hard when the lines are so cheesy." I looked right into her eyes, and then burst into laughing thinking about it again. I could laugh to anything just thinking about it. "Well, this really is something Misty wrote." Krystal sighed and lied down, with her legs dangling out from the bed. "But if you want to do it right, you still have to be serious." she added after some minutes thinking.

"They are still cheesy." I shifted around the bed, pulling up the cover that was touching the floor. "Well, do it your own way. Your own style." she said and that left me thinking. My own way. My own style. Did I have one?

"Snacks!!!" mom yelled from downstairs. Krystal jumped out of the bed, practically running down since she knew how good my moms cooking was. When I came down, I saw Krystal holding a cookie in her hand. "And a nice fruit dessert for my sweetheart!" mom shoved me a bowl with all kinds of fruit. "Thanks."

"Your cooking is awesome Ms. Melany." Krystal chirped. Mom was smiling. "Thank you, honey." she said and filled Krystal's plate with more cookies. "You can call me Laura." Krystal gave her a nod, with her mouth full of cookies.

"So what are you doing up there?" mom asked curiously, watching Krystal happily as she ate the cookies.

"Practicing for the play." Krystal told her. My mom suddenly got stiff, holding the pan.

"A p-play huh?" she stuttered. Krystal was dense though, and didn't notice as she continued as if it was nothing. "Yep. And Audree is the lead for it!!!" she suddenly cried out when she probably remembered that I hadn't told my mom about it. I didn't know what to do. Because clearly mom was upset about it I saw. She couldn't even move. Her eyes was wide and it was as if I hit her most sensitive spot.

"A-Audree is the lead?" she pushed out of her mouth. Krystal was still careless, not even seeing what was happening as she was having her back turned to mom. "Yes yes. It's going to be so good."

"Oh, okay." mom breathed and started moving again. She got back to her normal state and I couldn't help to wonder what was happening.

"We better go." I whispered to Krystal and she wrinkled her eyebrows as I led her back to my room. "What's the matter? Your moms cookies are seriously good." she smiled to her hand, still holding on to one. 

"Didn't you notice anything?!" I asked.

"Huh?" I lied down on my bed. 

"There's something weird about mom." I continued. "When I said that I went to California she looked so scared or something. And now it happened again." She turned her head to me. 

"Maybe... She didn't like it when you went to California without her permission?"

"That's not it. She'd yell at me as if there was no tomorrow." I explained. She looked at me with her big eyes, and then shrugged it off. "You do realize that you need to concentrate on the play right? Let's think about this later." she told me and I picked up the script. I read it over again. Such cheesy lines.

¤¤¤

"Tired tired and tired." I repeated when Zach was staring at me. 

"Not my fault that you took the lead role." he grinned and lied down.

"I only did it to annoy Misty. And it's not like I have to do it perfectly. It's just a play." I told him and fanned him with the script. 

"Since you took the role take your responsibility for it!" he joked. 

"I don't even know if I can act." I sighed. "The play is tomorrow and I don't even remember the lines!!!" I cried out. Yes. It was the truth. Whenever I had practiced with Krystal I never remembered. I would only freeze and forget everything. Maybe it was a bad idea taking the big role, because I knew that I'd embarrass myself. And when I just had gotten back my dignity.I did it so perfectly when I was up against Misty, but now I was feeling extremely pressured.

"It's going to be alright.," he said and closed his eyes, probably too lazy to hear out my boring problems. "Yeah yeah, you're just saying that, but you'll see tomorrow." He didn't answer and just smiled back.

The time had gone so fast. Because I was happy. I felt pretty. I had friends. I wasn't alone. That was my happiness.

I took a glance at the half sleeping Zach. I couldn't get him. Why did he never have any aura? Could it be that he was immune against my ability or something? I was thinking so deeply. I didn't know. Whether he was immune or didn't have any feelings at all.

And my other 'ability'? Becoming someone else. That could had been split personality. Maybe it was just my imagination. I was a weird person, I know.

"NO!!!" Zach suddenly yelled out. I flied out of my comfortable seat on the grass, scared. I took a look at him but he rolled over desperately to the other side, with his back facing me. "PLEASE!!! I-I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO!" I grabbed his shoulders, rolling him back and looked at him. He was sleeping.

"Zach!" I yelled, to cover up his screaming. "ZACH!!!" I repeated, shaking him. He was wrinkling his eyebrows and suddenly popped his eyes open, so open that I could see his whole white eye framing his iris.

"It was a dream!" I tried calming him down seeing his shocked face. He looked down, speechless. "A dream." he mumbled, and then covered his face with his hands.

"A dream." I echoed. "You're nowhere close to your problems now. You're in Kandred now." I told him as he nodded, clutching onto my hand.

¤¤¤

I never got a word from him about it. Something told my inside that if I slightly even mentioned it, he'd just push me away. I thought of how he looked pained, even in his sleep. Definitely explained his dark circles around his eyes. Those dreams were common for him.

Wait. I didn't have any time to think about Zach at that moment at all. I could hear the crowd small talking, and how my heart was hammering in my chest. That was it. I was supposed to rehearse my lines, not stand there thinking about Zach's problem. I needed to remember my lines.

"It will be fine!" Krystal encouraged me when I started hitting my head with the script. This was not good. And nothing was going to be fine, except my head - after hitting myself to the hospital. "This isn't working!" I cried out, throwing the script flat on the floor. Hey, look at the bright side - there's nothing but some parents and teachers as the audience out there. As if any student would attend this in their free time. So, if I'd embarrass myself who'd spread it through the school? I scanned the audience secretly peeking from a little whole through the big curtain and saw no one from school.

I looked back with a relieved face until I spotted Misty there behind me in her fairy godmother get-up, glaring at me. Oh. I never counted her in. She'd tell everyone she knew if I messed up. Awesome. Just awesome.

Just relax. If you're all stiff nothing is going to get better.

What was my lines again? I picked up my script that was flat on the floor, and browsed it. Close it. And repeat what you just read. Nothing came out. Not one word.

Repeat the process. Still the same results. Try until it works. But it never worked until I dropped the script out of shock - when the curtain went up, and the spotlight blinding me with stares from the audience.

_____________________

Showtime :)

COMMOTE PULESEEE