Chapter 25: Confessions

Nine and a half hours earlier

"I'm sorry we had to leave so soon..." Lexa said to Clarke as they entered the apartment.

"Oh, no, it's totally fine," Clarke replied, walking into the living room. "I only wanted to go out so I could dance with you... And as I recall, we did dance... a lot..." they smiled at each other as Clarke placed her hands on Lexa's hips. "Are you okay, by the way? With all those people recognizing you?"

"Sure," Lexa assured Clarke as she wrapped her arms around her. "I just feel bad that it kind of cut our night short, that's all..."

"Well... the night isn't over yet, is it?" Clarke asked with a smirk on her face.

"Mmm... You're right," she leaned into a kiss. "You're not sleepy, then?"

"Not at all... You?"

"Great! I'm far from sleepy, which is why I think it is the perfect night for the surprise I've been planning to give you," Lexa's lips curled into a big smile.

"Oooh what is it?" Clarke was excited and curious.

"If I tell you, it's not going to be a surprise, now is it?" Lexa winked at her. "You just stay here, I have to take something from the bedroom... As soon as you hear me lock the bathroom door, go to the bedroom, sit on the bed and wait for me, okay?"

"Damn... You have a whole plan," Clarke smiled and raised her eyebrow. "I like it!"

"Good!" Lexa gave her a peck on the lips and walked in the direction of the bedroom. "Sit on the couch and don't peek!" she shouted from the hallway.

"Yes, Commander..." Clarke laughed as she sat on the couch, excited to see what Lexa had prepared for her.

Clarke could hear Lexa opening her suitcase and moments later she was already in the bathroom, which meant Clarke could now go and wait for her in the bedroom. She went inside and took off her shoes, jeans and the flannel shirt before she sat on the bed in her underwear, with the sleeveless black shirt covering only her upper body.

The anticipation made the waiting extremely excruciating for Clarke, seeming to her that it took Lexa hours to be done with whatever she was doing in the bathroom. In reality it was only about 10 minutes before she heard the door open, followed by the sound of Lexa's voice.

"Are you in the bedroom?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm on the bed, waiting... Just like you pretty much ordered me to do," Clarke's excitement was increasing.

"Good," Lexa smiled at the blonde's comment. "I'm coming in..."

The room was dark, except for the street light entering through the white curtains, illuminating Lexa's silhouette. As she came closer, Clarke could distinctively see Heda's famous black war paint around her eyes and down her cheeks and her hair pushed back, away from her face with a panel of hair on top of her head. Clarke's breathing was becoming faster as she was discovering the details of the outfit, from the chest armour, the corset waist belt, the black distressed skinny jeans, the leg strap sheath around her thighs, all the way to the black knee-high boots.

Lexa stood in front of her with her arms wide open and the determined, intense look in her eyes that Clarke was used seeing on the show when Lexa was portraying Heda.

"Ai laik Heda," she said in a stoic voice, speaking the language of the Grounders.

"Oh, I definitely like Heda," Clarke couldn't help but jump at the opportunity to take advantage of the double meaning of the word, even though she could barely speak due to the brunette taking her breath away by fulfilling her fantasy.