Chapter 20: "Baby"

The deep, rhythmic breathing, coming from the gorgeous brunette lying next to Clarke, was the most soothing sound she had ever heard. They had both fallen asleep completely naked after taking their time under the shower, giving their bodies the attention they had been desperately craving for since the last time they saw each other.

It was 7 pm and Clarke was reluctant to wake Lexa up after the 4-hour siesta they were having, but she knew it had to be done in order to reduce the effect of the jet lag she might be experiencing.

Lexa's head was resting peacefully on Clarke's chest, her wavy hair covering her face, her leg across Clarke's pelvis and her hand placed on the blonde's breast, which made her smile, remembering Lexa's obsession with that specific part of her anatomy. She inhaled the scent of Lexa's hair and placed a soft kiss on the top of her head. Her fingers started tracing patterns along Lexa's naked back, enjoying the softness of her skin, as well as hoping that she would feel her touch and open her eyes.

Seeing that Lexa didn't acknowledge her, which was to be expected, considering the deep sleep she was in, Clarke decided to call her name.

"Lexa..." she whispered. "Lexa..."

"Mmm..." Lexa made the cutest sound and Clarke could swear her heart skipped a beat.

"Wake up, beautiful..." she said, smiling, as she moved her fingers through Lexa's hair and removed it from her face.

"Mmm five more minutes, please..." Lexa said in a sleepy voice and pressed her body even closer to Clarke's.

Clarke smiled and enjoyed Lexa's warmth for five more minutes before trying again.

"Lexa... Wake up, baby..." Clarke froze as soon as the word baby left her lips and was hoping that Lexa was too asleep to have heard her.

"Mmm... five more minutes," Lexa tried to negotiate and Clarke felt relieved seeing that Lexa didn't react to the little slip.

"Aren't you hungry?" she insisted.

"Nah ah..." Lexa squeezed Clarke's breast, her eyes still shut.

"But... We haven't eaten anything since we stopped for churros on the way to the hotel..." Clarke was determined to get Lexa out of the bed. "I want to take you out for dinner."

"Ohhh..." Lexa finally opened her eyes and moved her hand after realizing where it had been all along. "Sorry... about that," she said quietly and turned her head up to look at Clarke.

"I didn't mind," Clarke smiled at her and placed a soft kiss on the tip of her nose. "Good afternoon."

"What time is it?" Lexa smiled back at her, looking adorable with her eyes barely open and swollen.

"A little after 7 pm," Clarke answered.

"I haven't slept this good in a very long time," she said as her fingers found Clarke's soft skin between her breasts.

"It was definitely the best siesta ever," Clarke smiled.

"Do you take siestas regularly, by the way? I don't think I've asked you yet..."

"Not really... Except sometimes after a 24-hour shift I sleep during the day, but usually no."

"Well..." Lexa was suddenly on top of Clarke, a smirk appearing on her face. "I could easily get used to siestas with you," she said before she pressed her lips on Clarke's neck, leaving soft kisses all the way to her collar bone.

Feeling Lexa's warm body on top of hers, the touch of her lips against her skin, the softness of her breasts in between her own and her long fingers moving along her curves was something that Clarke never knew she needed, but was now finding impossible to live without.