Chapter 7: C'est magnifique

It was a little before 8:45 pm when Clarke and Lexa were seated at their table on the terrace of the restaurant Les Ombres and were looking at the wine list, deciding which one to order.

They chose a bottle of a semi-dry white wine, neither of them was an expert on wines, but they both happened to prefer white over red, especially in the summer months.

The restaurant had a magnificent view of the Eiffel Tour which they could see over their shoulder and it was at its full capacity. Being one of the most prestigious restaurants in Paris, it was expected to be crowded on Bastille Day, and the only reason they were able to make a reservation on such short notice was because the staff from the hotel where Lexa was staying, called on her behalf and they were able to pull some strings for the Australian actress.

 Being one of the most prestigious restaurants in Paris, it was expected to be crowded on Bastille Day, and the only reason they were able to make a reservation on such short notice was because the staff from the hotel where Lexa was staying, call...

"Wow, Lexa... the view is amazing," Clarke expressed her admiration.

"It really is," Lexa agreed, but she was actually referring to the view of Clarke sitting across from her.

Clarke turned her head to face Lexa who hadn't stopped looking at her, even when Clarke was appreciating the view.

They smiled at each other with a hint of timidness before the waiter interrupted the moment by bringing them the menu.

"Oh, good, it's in English as well," Lexa sounded relieved.

"It wouldn't have been a problem either way, I speak French," Clarke replied in a non-bragging way, not acknowledging the effect that piece of information had on Lexa's underwear.

"Just when I thought you couldn't be sexier..."

Clarke looked at her over the menu and moved her eyebrows up and down in a frisky manner.

"Stop it," Lexa exclaimed, laughing at Clarke's playfulness. "I'm trying to concentrate here... I can't find the vegetarian/vegan menu and you're not making it any easier for me."

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I distracting you?" Clarke had a smirky smile on her face. "Here, let me help you," she said as she pushed her chair a bit backwards, lifted her bottom off it and leaned over the table towards Lexa, exposing the full extent of her cleavage for her eyes only.

Lexa swallowed hard, with her eyes focused on Clarke's generous breasts while she was listing the menu directly in front of Lexa.

"Here it is," she pointed her finger to the list of vegetarian and vegan dishes, enjoying Lexa's non-verbal response to her teasing.

Lexa cleared her throat and somehow managed to look away from Clarke's cleavage and into her eyes.

"Thank you," she said as she watched Clarke sit back down on the chair.

"Anytime," Clarke replied and winked at her. "I didn't know you were one of us."

"One of you as in... gay?"