Chapter 9: Baby fingers

Clarke was woken up by the touch of Lexa's lips on her neck, feeling her arm wrapped around her body.

She opened her eyes and saw a beige wall and sunlight coming through white curtains, making it hard for her to keep her eyes open. There was a red sofa chair and a small coffee table next to the window, and there she recognized the white rose she'd given Lexa the day before, which was now in a tall glass vase filled with water.

"Mmmmm..." she sighed as she felt Lexa's fingertips caressing the length of her arm all the way to the back of her hand. "That feels really nice."

"Stroking your arm? Or kissing your neck?" Lexa asked and moved her lips onto Clarke's shoulder. "What about here?"

"All of the above... and also, it feels good being the little spoon."

Clarke could feel Lexa smiling as she was leaving soft kisses on her skin.

"You're always the big spoon, then? I suppose it fits with your need to be in control" she laughed.

"Hey..." Clarke protested playfully. "Are you calling me a control freak?"

"Never!" Lexa laughed. "I think it's cute."

"Yeah?" Clarke moved her body closer to Lexa's and felt her warm, naked breasts on her back.

"Uh huh..." she whispered in Clarke's ear. "Do you want to know what else I find cute about you?" she continued and got an affirmative answer from Clarke who nodded her head. "Your baby fingers," she said as she grabbed Clarke's hand, bringing their palms together and then started laughing.

"Oh come on..." the blonde couldn't help but laugh as well. "Saying that to a lesbian is like telling a guy that he has a cute little baby dick."

Lexa started laughing out loud, then moved away from her and got out of the bed.

Clarke didn't like the lost skin contact, so she turned around to look for Lexa, who was walking away from the bed, completely naked, towards the anteroom on the way to the bathroom.

"It's not that I mind the view, but I prefer having you here, next to me..." she protested.

"I slept with my contact lenses on, I have to take them out," Lexa said and kept walking. "I'll be right back."

Clarke took a good look at Lexa's long legs and noticed what seemed to be an irregularly shaped birthmark the size of a plum on her left thigh, just below her gluteus. It reminded her of the one she had herself on the inner side of her thigh but smaller and closer to the knee and it made her smile. Clarke had seen a big amount of photos of Lexa on the internet, but she had never noticed the birthmark. Maybe it had to do with the fact the Lexa didn't usually take the kind of photos that would require the removal of her clothes, she was actually very moderate in that aspect. It was obvious that she wanted to get noticed because of her acting skills and not because of her body.

All of those thoughts made their way into Clarke's head, who could finally grasp the reality of the situation - she was in Lexa Woods' bed after she'd had mind-blowing sex with her the night before. And the best part of it was that it didn't feel weird at all with Lexa being someone she'd been admiring on the TV screen for the last two years. The connection between them felt natural and very real, even familiar, as if their bodies were always meant to fit like two pieces of a puzzle.

They were just two women, extremely attracted to each other, making the best of it in a hotel room in Paris.

Clarke's thoughts were interrupted by Lexa, leaning on the door frame and smiling at the blonde who was still in the same position she had left her.