Chapter 19: Reunited at last

Thursday, 1st of August, 2019

Text message

Clarke (07:03 am):
"You're probably asleep, but I have to tell you... I barely slept last night, I'm so excited, Ray! I'm actually going to see her today... and hug her, smell her, kiss her... OMG! ❤️"

To Clarke's surprise, the reply came immediately.

Raven (07:03 am):
"New York never sleeps, Clarke 😎 Save your energy, dude, you're gonna need it for all that scissoring you'll be doing later ✂️✂️"

Clarke (07:04 am):
"Yaaay, you're awake! Don't make me think about sex, please!"

Raven (07:04 am):
"It's only 1 am, I just got back home. Speaking of sex: don't do it in my car! 🤨"

Clarke (07:04 am):
"We won't! Thank you for letting me use it, by the way. I owe you one!"

Raven (07:04 am):
"Anytime! I'm going to bed now... Enjoy your love vacations! Goodnight! 😘"

Clarke (07:05 am):
"Thank you! Goodnight, Ray! 😘"

It was way too early for Clarke to be up and about, considering the fact that the estimated time of arrival of Lexa's flight was 11:15 am and she didn't need more than fifty minutes to get to the airport. But it was quite understandable that she was so restless, which ultimately lead to getting only four hours of sleep.

She didn't feel tired, though, on the contrary, she felt like she would need to run a marathon to get rid of all that extra energy that had been keeping her up most of the night. Although, with Lexa by her side, she could easily think of other ways to divert the energy into activities over which she wouldn't mind losing sleep at all.

After sending the last text to Raven, she took a shower and finished packing her bag. Clarke had an idea to spend the first two nights in Málaga after picking up Lexa at the airport and the next one in Granada. Even though she wouldn't mind spending all of their time together in bed, she really wanted Lexa to get the most out of her trip to Spain, enjoying the beauty of the south and getting to know the country's rich culture.

In one of their video chats about a week ago she had asked Lexa about her thoughts on the subject and the latter was excited about Clarke's plan, which was to spend the weekend in Málaga and Granada and to go Marbella on Sunday, the 4th of August. They would spend two nights there and then they would start their eagerly awaited motorcycle road trip through Ronda, Sevilla, Cádiz, Gibraltar and back to Marbella on Friday, the 9th of August. On Saturday they would go to the Airport of Málaga to pick up Raven and they would spend the rest of their vacations in Marbella, until Lexa's flight to Sydney on the 13th of August.

Lexa was thrilled with Clarke's idea and gave her the green light to make the reservations, however she insisted that she would like to pay for it all, which Clarke categorically refused.

Flashback

Video call: