Chapter 22: Mind-blowing

On Saturday, after a quick morning sex under the shower, Lexa and Clarke enjoyed their breakfast in the rooftop cafeteria before checking out of the hotel.

They were in Raven's car on their way to Granada, but had decided to make a stop in Nerja, a small touristic town on the south coast of Spain, about 50 km east of Málaga. It was known mostly for its beautiful natural beaches as well as The Balcón de Europa, a mirador or viewpoint in the centre of the old town which gave stunning views across the sea.

In the car, they were listening to the playlist Clarke had prepared for their road trip and singing along.

"I can't believe I still remember the lyrics to all of Tegan and Sara's songs!" Lexa exclaimed, moving her body to the rhythm of the music in the passenger seat.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me feel," Clarke smiled, taking a quick glance at Lexa while driving.

Lexa smiled back at her, then grabbed Clarke's hand that was resting on her thigh and placed a soft kiss on her fingers.

"They're dropping a new album in September, you know..." Clarke commented.

"Really?" Lexa widened her eyes and slightly lowered her sunglasses to look at Clarke. "That's awesome! I really want to see them live."

"Oh, I did, they were great."

"Where? When?"

"It was about... 6 years ago, when I was still in med school in Slovenia," Clarke answered. "They came to Croatia, actually, but it was only an hour drive, so I went with some friends."

"Wow... You're so lucky!"

"It was a small concert, but the atmosphere was pretty cool... Like, 100% lesbian vibe," Clarke laughed.

"Of course," Lexa laughed as well. "Did you hook up with someone?"

"I did, actually... It was right after the craziest summer of my life, so I was in form..."

"Oh wow... Crazy how?" Lexa was curious.

"Well..." Clarke paused and smiled at Lexa, before turning her head to focus on the road ahead. "Are you sure you want to know?"

"Um... Duuuh!" she confirmed. "These are my favorite kind of stories."

"Alright, then... It was after I broke up with Nika... I had a lot of flings, especially that summer when I was done with my exams... I specifically remember this girl from Croatia that I met on Tumblr... We had been texting for a while and then one night I was at a friend's birthday party, her boyfriend had a big house in a small village outside of Maribor, so she had decided to celebrate it there... The deal was that most of us would sleep over, so we wouldn't have to drive back to the city... I was only starting my second glass of wine when the Croatian girl texted me saying she wanted to see me, and next thing I know, my friend Ana and I are in my car, in the middle of the night on our way to Croatia," she laughed, remembering the moment.

"What?? You just left the birthday party like that?" Lexa was amused.

"Yeah, but come on, I was the only gay soul there and there was this hot girl inviting me over to go to a lgbt club with her... My friend totally understood, I swear..." they both laughed and Lexa was shaking her head. "Plus, I promised I would come back."

"Of course you did," Lexa squeezed Clarke's hand, smiling.

Listening to the blonde's stories about her past made her feel closer to her, even if it was about other women. It didn't feel weird at all, on the contrary, she enjoyed every detail that she was willing to share with her. Whatever had happened in the past, it somehow brought Clarke to her, one way or another, and more importantly, she was more interested in keeping her not only in her present, but in her future as well.