Chapter 18: Hercules

One of the things Clarke loved doing was, believe it or not, cleaning. She found a great deal of pleasure in taking the whole day for that activity, always leaving the apartment spotless. It was also very therapeutic, as she had discovered in the previous years, and she didn't mind the "side effect" of burning calories in the process. For her it was definitely a lot more fun than running, which she never liked, even when she was a basketball player back in high school.

It was the day after Raven had gone home to New York, so Clarke spent the whole afternoon cleaning the entire apartment while enjoying loud energetic music in the background.

She took the clothes out of the dirty laundry basket in her bathroom and then went to Raven's to do the same.

On her way out of her roommate's bathroom, she noticed Raven's gym bag on the floor, as she was about to go to the laundry/storage room between the two bathrooms. She shook her head as she turned it over and Raven's clothes fell out of the bag, as well as a white envelope. Clarke leaned over and took it in order to look at it closely.

As she turned it around, she saw Octavia's name written on the front and realized that it was the letter that Raven had planned on giving her the night she saw her kissing Ricky. Clarke thought about leaving it in Raven's room, but she knew that the Latina would probably just throw it out as soon as she got back from New York, so instead she hid it in a drawer in her own room, hoping that Raven would eventually change her mind and decide to give it to Octavia after all.

By the end of the day, Clarke was pleased with the cleanliness of the apartment and decided to have a nice, long bath and relax with some music by SBTRKT in the background.

After a while, as she got out of the bathroom, wrapping a towel around her body, she heard the doorbell ringing repeatedly and hurried to answer the intercom

"Hello?"

"Clarke, it's me - she heard a female voice that sounded a lot like Octavia."

"O? Is that you?"

"Yes. Let me in?"

"Sure, come on up," she said and buzzed her friend in.

It was unusual for Octavia to just drop by unannounced, especially at 11 pm, but Clarke didn't think much of it until she saw her friend getting out of the elevator, looking... pissed? Sad? Both?

"Why aren't you answering your phone?" she barked at Clarke.

"Um... I was in the bathroom," Clarke answered confused.

"An entire hour?" Octavia raised her eyebrows and then started pacing around the living room.

"I was taking a bath, my phone's probably in the bedroom..." she explained calmly. "Why? O, what's going on?"

"Where's Raven?" she suddenly stopped and stood in a hands-on-hips pose, facing Clarke.

"What?" she didn't know what to think of Octavia's behaviour. "She's not here. Why?"