Chapter 4: Starstruck

"Are you texting Eva?" Raven asked.

"Yes... I feel weird, Ray... I didn't think about her at all today," Clarke answered with a distraught look on her face as she sat on the bed.

"You know what they say... sometimes you need to spend some time away from someone in order to get in touch with your true feelings towards them..." Raven shrugged. "Can you honestly say that you wish she was here right now?"

Clarke lowered her eyes to her lap, she simply didn't have an answer for her friend. The only thing she knew was that she was feeling empty and she had been feeling like that for quite some time.

The sound of a new text message on WhatsApp and the light on the phone interrupted her thoughts, so she picked it up and smiled when she saw the name on the screen.

"Eva?" Raven inquired.

"No... It's Octavia," Clarke answered and then read the message out loud.

Text message

From: Octavia
"What's up, mademoiselles? 😛 Are you excited about tomorrow? Send me some photos, I want to see what you've been doing! 😘"

From: Clarke
"Bonsoir, mon amie! 😎 I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight, to be honest. I still can't believe I'll be meeting her tomorrow! Paris is lovely, btw... and Raven sends greetings from Moulin Rouge."

She sent her a short video of Raven from earlier that evening when they visited Moulin Rouge.

From: Octavia
"Are you there right now?? So jealous!! Next time I'm coming with you."

From: Clarke
"No, we're at the hotel, getting ready to go to bed. I wish you were here, girl – you could've been posing like this next to Raven."

Clarke sent Octavia a photo of Raven posing in front of the Eiffel Tour.

From: Octavia"Haha nah, I wouldn't want to steal her thunder 😛 Have fun tomorrow, I'll talk to you after, if you survive 😆 Goodnight! 😘"

From: Octavia
"Haha nah, I wouldn't want to steal her thunder 😛 Have fun tomorrow, I'll talk to you after, if you survive 😆 Goodnight! 😘"