Chapter 5: The Blonde Aussie

Sunday, July 14, 2019, 5 pm

Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel

"The pleasure is all mine, Lexa... thank you."

They were looking at each other in silence until Clarke finally managed to move her feet and walked out of the room.

Lexa was unable to look away, her eyes followed Clarke as she was leaving the room, unwittingly inspecting her behind that looked quite appealing in those slim fit dark jeans.

"Bye, Lexa!" Raven spoke, interrupting Lexa's appreciation of Clarke's voluptuous body.

"Bye, thank you so much for coming!" she smiled at Raven.

She then turned to her left and greeted the fan who was waiting to get her autograph. They gave her an action figure of Heda and when she wanted to pick up the marker pen to sign it, she noticed a piece of folded paper underneath the pen and the words 'Read me' written on the front side.

Lexa signed the action figure, thanked them for being fans of the show and once they moved towards the exit, the curiosity compelled her to quickly open the folded paper before meeting her next fan.

It said: 'In case you'd like to hang out after the convention' and there was a phone number in continuation, signed by 'The blonde Aussie'.

A feeling of unbridled joy overcame Lexa once she realized that Clarke had left her the note, which meant the feelings were mutual and she wanted to see her again as well.

Lexa hastily folded the paper in its original condition, put it in the back pocket of her jeans and greeted the next fan in line.

What was left of the session felt like an eternity, she was desperately trying not to think about the possibility of meeting the blonde Australian that same evening and spending time with her. That was something she had been craving for since the moment she had laid eyes on her.

Lexa was in a great mood and was being extremely nice to all the people she met at the Meet&Greet/Autograph session, but in the back of her mind she only saw Clarke's face and the note she wrote.

It was almost 6 pm and Lexa was back on stage with the other actors in the Conference Hall to say goodbye to all the fans that participated in the event.

Everyone was on their feet, applauding and chanting, throwing balloons in the air and she couldn't help but wonder if she could locate Clarke in the audience. She looked around, hoping to see her face but was interrupted by the presenter who asked the guests to give their final words to the audience as the event was coming to an end.

About fifteen minutes later, Lexa was in her hotel room, sitting on her bed next to a pile of presents from her fans and she was opening the black envelope that Clarke had given her during the Meet&Greet/Autograph session.

She took out a piece of paper, size A4 and once again felt overwhelmed by Clarke's talent – it was another painting of Heda's eyes, similar to the one she had signed. In the bottom she read the words "Love is not a weakness" in an artistic font and signed by Clarke. Next, she found the lotion she had mentioned that was to be used to help calm the skin irritation after the mosquito bites and in the end she took out another piece of paper with something typed on it:

Dear Lexa,

I feel a bit weird writing this to you, it is actually my first fan letter, but I've decided to do it, because I believe you deserve to know the impact you've had on not just me, but on everyone who's seen the show... especially the LGBTQ+ community.
Growing up, while I was trying to make sense of the attraction I felt to the same gender, it would've meant so much to have had the opportunity to relate to someone like Heda. Even though she's a fictional character, she's had a great influence on how people perceive same sex love and it's very important that the queer community is represented on television, especially in main roles.
The way you portray Heda has captivated me since the beginning and I am in awe of your talent and grace. You have become an icon and I'm grateful that you've taken upon this project. Your interpretation is impeccable and I'd like to congratulate you on your successful career and I wish you would achieve everything you've ever dreamed of, surrounded by people who are worth your while.