Chapter 14: Tipsy

It was Saturday morning in Marbella and Clarke was asleep topless in her bed, wearing only a pair of boxers.

The last couple of days the temperature had increased quite a bit in the whole zone of Andalucía and that was her usual outfit on hot, humid nights. She didn't like using the air condition, especially not while sleeping, and she had also figured out that wearing tight underwear affects her quality of sleep, so one day she bought a pack of men's underwear and it was one of the best decisions in her life.

The quiet morning was interrupted by a sound of an acoustic guitar melody emanating from Clarke's phone.

She had a light sleep, so she quickly grabbed the phone and turned off the alarm.

It was 8:30 am but the heat was already coming in from the window and she could feel the drops of sweat on her neck and back, so she quickly closed the window and went to the bathroom.

Ten minutes later she returned to the bedroom, freshly showered, and wiped the water off her body before applying vanilla body cream. She then proceeded to put on a black bra and panties and lay down on the bed, holding the phone in her hands. She decided to take a selfie and send it to Lexa, as it was almost midnight in San Diego, which meant it was practically her birthday.

Clarke was lying on her stomach, leaning with her chin on a white pillow, her hair was a bit messy and she had that kind of hot smoldering look in her eyes which she had noticed that it had a big effect on Lexa.

She took the selfie and now she had to wait ten minutes till 9 am, so she could send it to Lexa exactly at what would be midnight in San Diego.

While waiting, she decided to check her Instagram and one of the first Instagram stories she saw was Lexa's; it was a video of a birthday cake with some strawberries dipped in chocolate and a few sparklers on top of it, and a caption 'Oh I guess my Birthday week has begun <3 love this little family.'

Clarke could hear Lexa's voice in the background and it made her smile, reminding her yet again how much she liked her. Although, she wasn't so sure that "like" was the right word for what she felt, it didn't seem big enough to describe the feeling in her chest every time she thought of Lexa or every time she saw some of her photos and videos on the social media. Not to even mention the spectrum of emotions that invaded her body during their video calls.

It was probably safe to say that Clarke was falling for Lexa, falling pretty hard actually, and she just couldn't deny it to herself anymore. Even more, it became clear to her when the night before while she was home alone, she suddenly got inspired thinking about Lexa, so she wrote down some words, quickly picked up the guitar and combined the words with some chords, which resulted in composing a song. It had been more than three years since the last time she composed and it was good to see that part of her still existed and was now being revived because of Lexa.

It was almost 9 am, so she opened the chat with Lexa, attached the photo and wrote something under it.

In the exact moment that the numbers changed from 8:59 to 9:00 am, she sent it all together.

Text message

Clarke
"Hey, beautiful 😊 I wanted to be the first! Did I make it? 😀 I hope you're having a great time - that cake looks delicious, btw!
I just wanted to say Happy birthday and I also wanted to tell you that I'm very happy that we met and that you gave me the chance to get to know you a little better... You are truly amazing and I am in awe of who you are as a person, and I honestly wish you all the best, because you deserve nothing less.
Anyway, I hope you have a fantastic birthday week and I'm glad to see you're surrounded by good friends 😉 Can't wait to 'see' you later... 😘"