Chapter 13: Whipped

The punching bag was swinging back and forth as Raven's boxing gloves sunk into it with a lot of force and determination.

She was sweating excessively, with her eyes focused on the leather in front of her and letting out a grunt every time she took a swing at the bag.

Her body was tight, her muscles very tense and the black leggings and sports bra that she was wearing were almost completely wet.

It was Friday evening and it was the third day in a row that she was at the local gym, trying to get her mind off the unfortunate encounter with Octavia and Ricky two days earlier

After bumping into them that evening, she ran directly to United gym, which was where she usually worked out three times a week. But this time it just didn't cut it, so she went back the next day as well, and the next.

She was so concentrated on the boxing that she didn't notice that someone had been observing her work out session and was now slowly approaching her as she stopped, took off the boxing gloves and picked up her water bottle.

"Hey! Raven, isn't it?" he greeted her with a smile on his face.

"Hi! Yes... it's Robbie, right?" she actually knew his name, especially after all that stalking she had done on his Facebook profile.

"Ricky, actually..." he corrected her politely. "We met two days ago, I was with Oct..."

"Yes, I remember..." she didn't let him finish the sentence, for some reason hearing Octavia's name out of his mouth was something that she wasn't ready for.

Not really understanding why, she felt that it would be too painful for her.

"Yeah..." Ricky scratched the back of his neck, feeling a little uncomfortable. "So, this is where you usually work out?"

"It is, yes. I live just 150m from here, actually..." she answered quickly and took another sip of water before putting the bottle back to the ground. "I've never seen you here before."

"It's my first time, really... I used to go to Jabega gym with Juanmi because I lived in that neighborhood, but I moved last week and this was the closest gym that I found," he explained.

"I see... Well, the punching bag is all yours if you want it, I was done anyway," Raven smiled and picked up the water bottle off the ground.

"No, thanks... I think I'll go do some lifting," he noticed Raven's uneasiness around him and he started wondering if maybe Octavia's feelings were reciprocated, which would explain the Latina's behavior towards him. "I guess I'll be seeing you around," he said and waved at her as he walked away.

"Sure, hope you'll like the gym," she tried to be nice and forced a smile as she waved back at him.

After completing the twenty minutes of cardio on the Elliptical, she went to the locker room and started taking off her clothes, when she heard a familiar voice.