20

"So?" The cop said and I stood up. "I'm gonna have to put you back in to a cell" he told me sadly and I frowned and nodded.

"But not right now" he said and I looked up and he smiled. "You hungry?" He asked and I nodded.

"Alright. You stay here and I'll get Yea somthin from the breakroom" he nodded and I chuckled a little bit. He walked out and I sat there for a couple minutes.

"I'm back" he spoke and I turned around and he closed the door. "You're still here" he raised an eye brow and set snacks on his desk.

"Where would I go?" I asked confused. "Usually they try to run" he shrugged and I grabbed a bag of cheetos and opened them.

"Yea well. I'm serious about this" I told him and he nodded and drank a soda. "Officer Dan I'm gonna need you to the front I've got some mad men up here" Dan's raido spoke and he looked at me.

"Duty calls" he shrugged and he stood up and walked away and out the door. I sat there and the door opened again and I saw Cameron stop dead in his tracks as he saw me.

"Cameron" I breathed out and he walked over and hugged me tight.

"Jesus Bee. You scared all of us" he squeezed me and I nodded as more tears fell down my face and I sniffed and wiped my face. He put me down and he looked at me.

"You said your parents are flying here? When are they gonna be here?" He asked me and I looked at officer Dan.

"In about 16 hours" Dan spoke and looked at his watch. I waved my arms and tried not to cry as a lump got stuck in my throat.

"Its gonna be ok" Cameron told me and he held my wrists. "I don't know" I shook my head. "Bee I'm gonna have to talk to him alone if you dont mind" Dan told me and I looked at him.

"Cameron is it. You can have a seat and I'll be with you in just one moment" Dan spoke and we walked out.

"The cell?" I asked and he nodded slowly. We walked and I was brought back to the cell. "I am sorry" he spoke and I nodded.

"Its ok. Can't take any chances right" I shrugged and I walked in. "Thank you for being so awesome about this" he spoke and I nodded as the door shut and he locked it.

"I've gotta talk to him and I'll have to bring in more witnesses. Obviously have to wait for your parents. I'll need a judge and a jury. Other cops and-" "So this isnt gonna be fast?" I sighed and sat on my bed and he shook his head and I nodded once again and then he walked away.

I was upset undoubtedly, but there was nothing I could do at the moment. I laid down on this weird cot in my cell and closed my eyes. I slowly drifted to sleep.

-

"Bee" I heard my name. I shifted a little bit and I heard my name again. I rolled a bit and opened my eyes. Grey cell, and I sighed as I sat up. I looked to the door and my heart started to race as I saw who was standing there.

"Hello Sweetheart" My mother smiled and I sat up and her face was sour. "Come here baby. I've missed you so much" She spoke, but I didn't move.

"Beatrix" she spoke and I turned my head. "Get out" I spoke, but it was quiet. "What?" She asked me.

"I said get out" I stood up and shouted. "Be-" "No. Just go!" I screamed and she looked like she could cry.

"Alright" She nodded and she put her head down and walked out. I sat back down and I sighed and started to cry. How could this happen. She was not innocent at all and she knew it too. I hated this. I hated everything about this.

"Hey" I heard Dans voice and he walked in and looked at me. "What?" I asked him and he put his hands on his hips and looked at me.

"You made your mother cry" He told me seriously. "Do you know how many times they have made me cry? How many times they have beat me down. Called me weak, and- an-" I stopped as more tears fell and I shook my head.

"You wouldn't understand" I sighed quietly. "You're right. I wouldn't" He told me. "Your friend, Cameron told me a lot of stuff, and i've got a couple guys going to check everything out and were calling up some people from your school and a judge" He told me and I looked at him.

"Really?" I asked him and he smiled and nodded. "Things are looking pretty good for you kiddo" He told me and I smiled.

"But" He spoke and I felt my face drop. "Until everything is finalized I'm gonna have to send you with your parents" He said sadly.

"What?" I stood up and walked over to him. "Yo-you can't. They. there gonna" I stopped and i started to breath heavy.

"It's gonna be ok" He spoke. "No. no no no it's not. There gonna hurt me. As soon as I leave with them. Please don't let me leave. I would rather stay here" I spoke and he looked at me with sad eyes.

"I am sorry kiddo, but I can't let you stay here when it's not necessary" He told me and I sighed.

"What about Cameron?" I asked hopefully and he looked at the ground and he sighed. "I can't release you to someone who isn't your legal guardian." He spoke and rubbed his forehead.

"Officer please" I begged and I held on to the bars and looked at him. "Im sorry" He shook his head and i got choked up and I backed up a step.

"Can I at least talk to Cameron" I asked him and he took out his keys and unlocked my cell door. "Yep they're all out in the front" He spoke, and I nodded.