Midoriya Izuku: Regrets

Start from the beginning

"Ah, sorry. I thought you were. . ." You trailed off, deciding in your mind whether or not you should tell her about what you just saw earlier. In the end, you shook your head, giving her a smile.

"Nevermind. Come on, we have to go." You led her inside the house, waving goodbye to your mom before making your way out and to the school.

Unbeknownst to you, that strange figure from behind the curtain remained, standing still.

><><><

Upon arriving to your school, you quickly proceeded to your classroom, eager to catch some sleep before the first period bell rang. Lately, you haven't been able to sleep that well, ever since you've had that dream.

It involved a certain incident that happened when you were a child. You were running home as fast as you could in the middle of a strong rain. You just made some deliveries along the neighborhood, and it so happened that you forgot to bring your umbrella.

You couldn't remember some parts of the memory, but before you knew it, you found yourself in a river. You couldn't even remember how you got there. Then, from afar, you could see a figure of a boy, rushing to where you were. It seemed like he was saying something, but you couldn't hear what it was. You desperately tried to reach out to him, for the strong current of the river kept on dragging you somewhere.

There were some incoherent words shouted, your hand and his reaching out to each other. Until. . . you were met with darkness.

3 years has passed, and now you were a 16-year old high school student. Ever since then, you kept having that dream. You would relive the memory of drowning in that river, the strange boy's attempt to help you. Then just as you were about to come closer and make out what the boy looked like, you would suddenly wake up.

No matter how much you thought of this boy, racking in your mind of what he looked like, you couldn't do it. Your parents had informed you that the day of the incident, you were knocked out when you bumped your head on a rock. Because of that, you couldn't remember most of what happened, even the boy who was there with you. When you asked your parents about him, all they said was they didn't notice that there was someone else there with you on that day.

As time passed, you decided to let that memory go. However, even if you did, it still kept coming back every night. Now instead of forgetting it, the thought of that mysterious person bugged you.

The bell for first period rang, startling you awake from your rather short nap. As the teacher stepped into the room, you turned your head to look out the window. Glancing down, your eyes widened when you noticed something.

There was a boy, with thick, curly, green hair, standing underneath a cherry blossom tree. Even though you shouldn't be surprised since you have seen some students roaming around there before, you were actually surprised to see a kind of guy like him.

He was wearing a middle school uniform, something that was unusual to see here in your school. You narrowed your eyes to further study him, and that's when you noticed that his gaze seemed to be directed at you.

You jumped back from your seat, startled as to why a strange middle school student would be staring at you. You ripped your eyes away from him, turning you attention back to the lesson your teacher was discussing.

However, not a minute has passed when you decided to catch a quick glance to check if he was still there. When you did though, you were surprised to see that he was gone.