I'm Already Taken

Start from the beginning

            “Here we go,” I breathed out. To say I was used to the publicity would be a lie. I had gotten more comfortable with it but all the attention scarred the shit out of me. I had been chased out of a Starbucks the other week because a bunch of tween girls recognized me. Such a shame, I really wanted a mocha-cookie Frappuccino!

            “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine,” Liam put his hand comfortably on my shoulder.

            “Thanks,” I smiled back to him and kissed his lips lightly which lit up his face like a Christmas tree. He leaned in again and I kissed him fully again.

            “You two wanna keep snogging or do you want to let us out?” Harry asked from behind us.

            “We’re good,” I smiled back at him revealing my dimples. Harry reached over and poked on of them and I flicked his hand away. These boys were obsessed with dimples. I stepped out into a sea of flashes. I finally knew what it was like to be in the middle of a cloud during a thunder storm. Loud and bright. I felt Liam put an arm around my waist and I leaned into him.

            “I’ll be right back,” he kissed me lightly and went off to take some shots with the rest of the band. I found Penelope standing by herself and went to join her.

            “Hey,” I smiled to her and she gave a small smile back.

            “Dear God!” Maggie stumbled over to us.                               

            “Can you believe it?” I laughed and grabbed Maggie’s hand. She was holding Penelope’s as well and we looked like a toddler line.

            “Hey girls over here!” a man with more makeup on then the three of us combined came over to us with a man holding a camera propped on his shoulder. “Hi ladies, you’re the girlfriends of One Direction right?’ he asked with a fake white smile. Maggie seemed to be choking on her words so I squeezed her hand and answered for her.

            “Yeah I'm Liam’s girlfriend, Lissy,” I smiled warmly and laughed at Maggie’s relief.

            “I'm Penelope, Harrys, um friend.” She gave a devilish smile to the camera that the reporter seemed to eat up. She was obviously born to be on TV.

            “Yeah I'm Maggie and I'm dating Louis.” Maggie finally spoke. She pointed over to where the guys were still taking pictures and giggled nervously. The cameraman raised his eyebrows at us in a mix of appreciation and lust. You could say I got a little creeped out by that.

            “They honestly are the sweetest guys ever and we’re lucky to have them.” I smiled again. All it felt like I was doing today was smiling.

            “Hey girls,” Harry kissed Penelope’s check and I rolled my eyes.

            “Harry PDA!” Maggie complained. Huh, that was ironic that she was complaining about PDA when she had basically been sucking Louis’s face off the past weeks.

            “Shut it Richards,” he teased.

            “Make me Styles.” She laughed and backed up slightly bumping into somebody. “Oh sorry,” she apologized. I turned away from her accident and found Zayn talking with somebody else in a suit.

            “Hey,” I walked over to him.

            “Hey beautiful,” he smiled at me and gave me a quick hug.

            “Mmm-hum, say that to the right girl someday and you just might get lucky.” I poked him in his chest and laughed.

            “I can’t lie to you,” he looked down into my eyes and I blushed. I looked away from him and down at my toe-peak black heals.

            “Hey Zayn, is this your girlfriend?” a photographer called and he chuckled.

            “Well she’s a girl, and a friend, and we do have wild, loud sex…” he trailed off and I slapped his arm.

            “I'm a friend. I'm actually dating Liam Payne.” I smiled at his name. Zayn and I posed for a picture before we walked back to where everybody was standing.

            “I just met Callan McAuliffe!” Maggie squealed to us when we met her down by the doors.

            “I saw,” Penelope winked and Maggie blushed.

            “Hey beautiful, is that blush for me?” Louis asked and I pointed down my throat, making a gagging noise.

            “Attractive,” Liam commented walking up from behind me.

            “Aren’t I always?” I asked jokingly.

            “Yes, you are.” He smiled sweetly and I went up on my toes to kiss his lips shortly.

            “Let’s go” an usher pushed us inside and shut the doors swiftly behind us. Um, can you say rude? Just as soon as we took our seats the lights dimmed and the movie began. I could get used to no previews. Maggie and Louis sat making out at the end of our row next to Harry then Penelope then Niall then Liam me and Zayn. If you asked me how the movie was I really couldn’t tell you. I was watching every move Zayn made, and every move Liam made. I wondered if this was what Maggie meant by being torn. Why was it so hard that I was Already Taken?