Backgrounds

Hey everyone! So yea this chapt is more of the backstories so i hope it makes sense... comment, rate and tell me anything that doesn't make sense 2 u... i want this book to be the best it can be!

"BRENDON!" I screamed and wacked his arm. "You scared the shit outta me!" He just sat on the stool next to me laughing so much I thought he would fall off.

"Thinking about that gorgeous specimen that just left you sitting here?" he said with a smile in his voice watching the spot Louis had disappeared to.

"Brendon, your gay is showing," I said calmly as he faked disbelief searching his body for anything wrong. I laughed at his openness. Brendon and I had been friends since I moved from Europe to Los Angeles in the second grade. I was born in Texas but my dad moved a lot for work, I had never lived in the same city for more than three years. In the middle of sixth grade I moved again to Michigan, a really small town that was at least 30 minutes from any mall. Of course I made friends again wherever we went but this time it was harder, especially for my older brother Nick who was in ninth grade at the time. One month later we learned we were getting a new kid in class; I loved new kids because I could relate to them. The next day Brendon walked into class and we called it fate that we lived together again. My parents didn't move again so we grew up together, we were each other's best friends, siblings, and in one case prom dates. Now in the fall we would attend NYU as undergrads together.

"Thanks Mags, I take pride in that!" he said smiling and flipping his hair from his eyes. Brendon was very tall, almost 6'3, with moppy blonde hair and deep brown eyes, he always kept a bit of stubble on his chin. He was a hottie in any girl book; but there was one little thing in the way, he's gay. He came out to me in the middle of junior year and my exact words were "it's about time!" he had always been a bit more feminine. It hadn't been much of a surprise to his parents or three younger and one older sister either.

"OK Brenny, how much have you had to drink tonight?" Lissy slurred and stumbled over to us.

"Less then you honey, let's get you home." I smiled at her like I was talking to a little kid and Lissy smiled back.

"I don't know I don't feeeeeellll like it!" she whined as Brendon picked her up and carried her over his shoulder, he blonde hair covering her face and muffling her words, not that she was sober enough to form sentences. Lissy almost always got drunk back home when we went to bars, both using fake IDs of course. I had met her when she was dating Nick; she was from a neighboring and equally small town. After she and Nick broke up we stayed in touch and eventually when the merged the high schools she became one of my best friends. Lissy was taller than I was standing at about 5'10 with long blonde hair and icy blue eyes that stung like a wasp. She and I both had pierced bellybuttons and she had her parents initials and death-dates tattooed on her ankles; her mother on her left, her father on her right. She had been in foster care since she was eleven after they both died which had hardened her up to the real world. Her life in the past couple years was more experienced than a grown woman. Before she met Nick her life had been pretty harsh, growing ip on the streets with an abusive boyfriend but Nick had helped straighten her out of her past life. Now she was joining Brendon and I at NYU on a scholarship for a nursing program. Lucky smartass! I loved her so much!

We passed a weary looking bouncer, he gave us a look that said I've-seen-this-before and went back to texting. That reminded me of my broken phone and crazy night. I needed to talk to Brendon and Lissy about that later. It had crossed my mind that the boys knew each other, what with having British accents and having to leave because they had stayed to long, but I quickly shoved the thought away. They were nice and VERY attractive guys but I doubted they would remember me, or that I would see them ever again.

When we got back to the apartment Lissy and I were sharing it was about 4 am. I almost zombie-walked into my bedroom and fell down on my bed and shut my eyes. I distantly heard Brendon putting Lissy in her room then crashing on the couch. I blacked out wishing I had more hours until morning.