Chapter 17: Unique

Start from the beginning

"Stop it, Clarke! You're seeing things that aren't there because you're all lovey-dovey right now and excited about seeing Lexa and all... but this is just not one of those stories with a happy ending, ok?" Raven's tone was a bit more harsh than at the beginning of the conversation. "I am aware that there's some chemistry between us and she's flirting with me and kissing me because she knows she can and it's fun for her. If I didn't have feelings for her and if she wasn't dating Ricky I would probably go along with it... but I DO have feelings for her and she IS dating him, so... I'm not interested in being her toy, Clarke... and Ricky is actually an awesome guy and he doesn't deserve this."

"Fine! I won't insist on it, even though I disagree, but whatever..." Clarke decided to go back to the role of an observer, at least until the dust settled.

The rest of the ride to the airport was mostly silent, they were not mad at each other, it was just difficult to talk about trivia when there was something lingering in the air that was to be avoided at all cost.

They said their goodbyes at the Departure terminal and Clarke left after a long hug, promising to take good care of Raven's car.

                       _________________

Lexa was finally in her own apartment in L.A., slowly waking up and stretching her body in her king size bed.

A little after 9:30 pm she was on her way to the bathroom when she heard the door bell and smiled, knowing that it was her friend Maia, as they had agreed to have breakfast together. It was something they were both anxious to do since the moment Lexa texted her from Paris that there was something important she needed to tell her and the only information that Maia was able to pull out off her friend was that it was about a girl.

After buzzing her in, Lexa unlocked the door and went to the bathroom. She was brushing her teeth when she heard Maia come in and close the door behind her.

"Lexa?" she shouted.

"In here!" she shouted back after spitting out the water mixed with toothpaste.

Maia left the bags containing their breakfast in the kitchen and went to the bathroom where she figured Lexa's voice was coming from.

Her friend was wiping the water off her face with a towel and she rushed to give her a strong hug from behind, wrapping her arms around Lexa's waist.

"I missed you so much, you big dork!" Maia shrieked, startling her friend.

"I missed you too," Lexa laughed and left the towel on the sink. "You're squeezing me!" she complained.

"Deal with it," Maia laughed, her arms still tight around her friends waist, leaning her head on her back.

Lexa laughed out loud at her friend's silliness and a few moments later they were on their way to the kitchen, where she took out plates for the bagels Maia brought.

"I got your favourite bagels and tea," Maia said as she took the content out of the bag.

"Thank you, I'm starving..." Lexa said and put the plates on the kitchen island.

" Lexa said and put the plates on the kitchen island