thirteen ▋panic attack

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Mari and Wooyoung needed San a lot more than they really knew. It had only been a day since San left with her mother to meet the Triad and Yakuza, but that was long enough for them. Sure they hadn't been around San when he was guarding her mother, but his presence was still in the manor. They could see him whenever the two wanted to. But by now the two were in the colorful city of Japan, or maybe in the traditional cities around Beijing. Wherever they were, San wasn't close enough for Mari and Wooyoung to see.

"How long do you think that trip is gonna take?" Wooyoung asked his question slightly muffled by the pillow he had his head-on. He was sitting at the foot of Mari's bed, messing with her sheets as he tried to keep himself busy. The girl shrugged her shoulders, genuinely having no answers. Being a dealer for a mafia was no easy job. It could take days, weeks, or even months to get other mafia's to see their side of things. Even then, some mafia groups are very hard to appeal to, having dealers leaving with empty hands and no good news.

"Who knows. I know my mom is the best dealer this faction has ever seen but... I learned the Chinese Triad is hard to please." Mari responded, her eyes glued to her boring ceiling. Maybe she should hang or stick something up there to make it more appealing. Then again, she never really stared at the ceiling in boredom at that much. "Their current Underboss, Zhang Yixing, might as well just be their boss overall. He's got so much power not just in the Triad, but in China, it's almost unreal. He expects absolute perfection. It's probably why the Kim Faction never got to them in the first place."

Wooyoung nodded he listened to her words, a pout forming on his lips. "I hope San is okay. I miss him already." Mari hummed in agreement. The two looked absolutely pitiful, any person who might come by to see them would feel their gloomy aura just radiating off of them. "God we need to stop doing this. I can't remember the last time we've been this demotivated before? Does San really have that much of an effect on our lives?" The boy declared, turning over to get the girl's opinion. His determined expression dropped when Mari started drifting off into a short slumber.

He crawled onto the bed towards her, slapping her shoulder to wake her up. She hissed at the sudden ache, almost tumbling off the bed in retaliation. "What?" Mari asked him, rubbing her shoulder slightly. Though it took her a few seconds to process Wooyoung's words from earlier, she still replies to it. "Oh, yes. Yes, he does. San ties the whole trio together! Without his presence in the country, everything becomes boring! Food gets boring, pranks get boring, skipping school with each other gets boring, everything is boring without San!"

Don't get her wrong, Mari was ecstatic at San's chance of ascending the ranks. He was born into the Seo Faction, yet his parents weren't in a position of power like Yeosang and Mari's. He had to climb the ranks normally just like Wooyoung had to yet, he got no boost like her childhood friend did. He was truly working from the bottom and slowly reaching the top with his handwork and effort alone. San was only a few steps away from becoming the Underboss's potential successor. He'd be the first in his family to become one even. That's an accomplishment that Wooyoung and Mari wanted their friend to achieve.