twenty seven ▋bottle rockets

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Chaeyeon paced around the lobby, her heels kicking against its marble floors as she tried to calm her nerves. She couldn't sit still, there was no way she was going to be able to when she was left alone in the large room with her own thoughts, waiting for her day of reckoning to come. She had failed her mission given to her specifically by the Godfather of the entire Kim Faction, to bring in the girl who was allied with the Seo Faction. She failed miserably at the job given to her, barely getting her anywhere near the headquarters of the Kim Faction.

The woman had gotten the assistance of their new special members unit from the newly appointed Underboss and made a fool of the group due to her anger fueled decisions. They were picked and trained by Underboss and the mere fact that she had misused the unit for her own gain and didn't even succeed made it even worse. Chaeyeon tried to do as much damage control as possible, keeping the mission and its results a secret from the rest of the faction to uphold their new and fragile reputation.

Though she wouldn't be able to hide from the cold judging eyes of the Godfather and his men, in fact, she didn't even get the chance. The moment she had returned to their headquarters Chaeyeon had received a message from one of the lower ranked soldiers that her presence was requested by them. That's how she knew she had become a dead woman walking.

The Godfather and his men were ruthless people, they didn't wait for anyone nor gave anyone any second chances. Once you had failed them, you would never get the chance to rebuild their trust. Either you were stripped of your title or six feet underground, many ended up being the ladder.

But they couldn't just kill off Chaeyeon like she was nothing! She was far too important to the Kim Faction, her family was one of their main sources of income. If they cut off Chaeyeon's connection to them, then a large portion of their money would be lost. It was the perks of a Caporegime, you're far too important to just be gotten rid off with the snap of a finger. "This is all that girl's fault!" She complained, digging her nails into arms at the thought of her. "Had she not aggravated me the way she did I wouldn't be in this situation! Had that idiot not coward out due to some petty child's play, I wouldn't be here right now!"

Chaeyeon needed to do something to release the anger inside of her, letting it fester and bubble up wasn't going to do her any good. If she accidentally exploded on the Godfather she'd lose her life before she even got the chance to beg for it. She wasn't for living life on the edge at the moment, she'd never be for it if it had the high ranking members of the faction on the line.

"Ms. Jung?" A voice spoke, shaking at the mere sound of her name. Chaeyeon turned around with a fire in her eyes, directing it towards the poor soul who called her name. It was nobody, the lowest ranking people in the Kim Faction who worked for the overarching Family who ran the entire underground business. "You are Ms. Jung, correct?"