forty five ▋come back home

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"This is a horrible idea," Hongjoong mumbled, begrudgingly following after Mari. They were a little far from the dining room now, following the red carpet flooring that was laid out across the ground in every hallway. If Mari wasn't mistaken, they should be on the third floor but the boy's house was so big that she was beginning to lose track of where exactly she was. For the most part, Hongjoong had been leading her through each room, creeping and scurrying behind the walls and doors to avoid being caught by an adult in the house.

But he was too hesitant, too caught up in his own thoughts and worries, and too slow for Mari's liking. So she had decided to run ahead of him and follow whatever her gut told her whether it was correct or not. Sometimes it felt like she was on the track, but then she'd come face to face to another flight of stairs she thought she had climbed already.

"Stop complaining," She snapped at him, tired of hearing the same pessimistic saying repeatedly. Mari peered around the corner of the hallway curiously, whispering her next words to Hongjoong just encase someone was there, "You had agreed to this when we were on the bottom floor and it's too late to go back on your word now."

It had only been about ten or so minutes since they had the conversation and Mari was going to hold over his head for the next several hours. The two were making their way towards the dining room after Mari had nearly lashed out at the boy's mother. She still felt nauseous at the mere thought of the woman and her blood liked to boil just recalling her voice, but she knew she had to stick it out in order to pry information about Wooyoung's whereabouts later. Yet Mari just knew if she had to stay near his mother for more than ten minutes at a time she'd explode on the spot.

Sure, Hongjoong was there to try and conceal her barbaric tendencies, but even Wooyoung couldn't control her temper. One way or another Mari was either going to get kicked out of the house or murdered in an instant and she preferred the former.

So on a whim, she had turned to Hongjoong and spit out whatever was on her mind first, an unplanned plan so to say. She had suggested that they sneak San into the house so that he could continue on her search just in case Mari truly did end up getting kicked out of the house and didn't have the information she needed.

Of course, Hongjoong had immediately disagreed with the idea entirely, not wanting to risk another person's life because they were in the presence of his father. But, Mari's iron grip she somehow called "charm" was much stronger than Hongjoong's willpower to say no.

"Well... yes." He responded, unable to refute her. "But still, everything about this is just screaming this is a bad idea! Not to mention we're late for dinner with my father now. And my mother specifically said, don't be late?"

Mari tried her best not to scoff, silently rolling her eyes as she turned around to him. "What are you, the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland?"