eleven ▋you and i

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"He should be somewhere back here." Jaerin mumbled, opening the screen door to the backyard. Mari peered from behind her, narrowing her eyes as she scoped out the area. She was right, it wasn't as crowded as it was indoors. Everyone mainly seemed to stay close to where the alcohol and loud music was, not wanting to miss a single thing. While the backyard was still generally populated with people, it wasn't enough to send her mind into a panicked frenzy. Her little headache she was having wouldn't like anything else that could make it evolve into some type of migraine.

The backyard was absolutely huge. There were a small bonfire people seemed to be gathering around, playing drinking games and socializing with strangers they had never seen before. Near it was a gigantic gated pool that a few boys decided to jump into without mingi's permission. As soon as one of them was able to get over, they opened the locked gate for all to pass by. One of them stood on top of a tap and yelled the news to all ears that would listen. Quickly after his announcement, everyone cheered in response to his words and joined him and his friends.

"Look, over there!" Jaerin called out as she stepped out of the door frame, leaving Mari behind her. She quickly stumbled after her, ignoring how uncoordinated she was. Her eyes followed the girl's fingers, trying to pinpoint exactly what she was looking at. It was a little hard when her sight kept going in and out of focus, forcing her to focus on one detail at a time. Fortunately for her, the first detail she was able to catch was the person she was looking for. "There's our man of the night."

There was a boy hanging out with his duo of tall friends, laughing and grinning about whatever they do. The chains that dangled down his neck jingling as one of his friends tried to shove the newly blond into the waters. He stumbled a bit before regaining his balance and punching one of them on the shoulder and rambling on about something. "Hongjoong!" The girl called her voice slightly higher in pitch and waving her hands like a madman. Mari would have tried to stop her, but she was too focused on leaning up against the wall for a little bit of rest.

Jaerin turned to her in glee, her smile a bit bigger than it normally was. Though she dropped it almost immediately when she saw the state that Mari was in. "Are you okay? If the drink is hitting you hard, there's a guest room upstairs you can rest in. Though I'm not sure if you'll be alone." She offered, holding her hands out for her to grab. The girl shook her head though, forcing herself off the wall and to stand up as straight as possible. Mari could handle whatever alcohol she had downed, she just needed a moment to get used to what was happening to her.

"I'm fine... we can keep going, I'm just... really out of it." She informed, ignoring how slurred her words were as she stood up. Jaerin gave her a questionable look but shrugged it off nonetheless. She simply grabbed Mari's hand and led her towards the trio of boys from earlier. The girl gave her the a-okay, that she was ready to keep going. But she was regretting that decision of hers with every moment she spent walking. Mari almost stumbled several times and was as uncoordinated as a baby who just walked for the first time. What the hell was in that drink?