eighteen ▋the intuition

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"He's gone crazy!" Mari yelled, slamming the door behind her. The sound resonated through the room she entered, shaking every object that didn't have a stable base. It shook Wooyoung to the core, trembling along with the objects in the room that felt her rage. "It's been four days since they brought that kid into the manor. They won't let me or Wooyoung into that room they're keeping him in and it doesn't sound like he's been speaking either. Or anything important that the boss wants to hear. He probably isn't involved with anything related to the two factions, Let alone the death of the boss's wife. He's reaching so hard that it hurts to even look at that kid's wounds. I mean did you even see how badly he was injured when he came? They beat him as if he was heavily armed!"

The only one who seemed unfazed by her hostile attitude was San, sitting patiently in the bed the faction had given him. He simply glanced at her with his notorious eye smile, almost enjoying her temper tantrum. Really, the boy had been all smiles once he had begun to regain his strength and consciousness. He had passed out a few moments after she had left the manor according to Wooyoung, and had only awoken the moment she came back. After that? He's been more giddy than normal, a permanent smile on his face no matter how hard someone tried to bring him back to neutral. It was... slightly terrifying. It was if San was withholding any true emotion he had.

Though, Mari didn't seem to pay attention to it. She cared about him, of course, but her brain was focused on the present problem that was plaguing her mind. "Who knows what they're trying to do to make him talk? Talk information that he doesn't even know? This may be a mafia with some twisted ideals but I refuse to let them continue what they're doing to him. But no one is listening to me! No one is giving me in the smallest bit of consolidation!" Mari complained, crossing her arms and falling face-first into San's bed.

She resisted a scream of frustration, several thoughts racing through her head as she planned to continue ranting. Though she was stopped before she even began as San began to speak, his eye smile still very prominent on his face. "How do you know that Choi Jongho is innocent?" Mari's head quickly shot up from the bedsheets, giving the boy a confused expression. San's smile was a lot more tight-lipped than she remembered it and his eyebrows were twitching in what felt like suspense. But his overall vibe was hostile as if he was trying his best to keep his composure but the amount of anger that was being up in him was too much for himself to handle.

Mari was on the receiving end of his wrath, the side no one wanted to be on. She had never been on San's bad side, they were three peas in a pod with Wooyoung after all. She didn't even think it was possible if she had to be honest. Mari glanced towards her childhood friend, who only gave her a nervous look back. With a deep breath, Wooyoung turned to San fully, trying to calm his anger down while he could. "Look San, I know it sounds weird but—"

"Answer. Mari." San continued, not even sparing Wooyoung a glance. Wooyoung usually was the one who could keep San calm, as if he had the leash to the wild dog. But every so often, he couldn't be in control anymore. It was quite frightening to watch happy-go-lucky San go into a careful and controlled tone, so icy cold that he could freeze wildfires. He always tried to act like he was fine, but his true emotions always radiated off of him like moonlight. "How do you know that Choi Jongho is innocent?"