forty two ▋her decision

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Let go of me!" Mari yelled, kicking and squirming in her captors' grasps. They were much stronger than the girl physically, holding both of her arms behind her back to render her nearly completely useless. They tried to keep her quiet, constantly trying to cover her mouth to muffle the fits and screams of pure anger that came from her. However, Mari would bite towards them if they even tried to lay another finger on her and she knows they'd much rather the whole set of ten on them. "I said let go of me or I'll make you do so."

She could have sworn saw them tremble at the thought and relished in the feeling of them being intimidated by her. Though her quick victory was cut short when she heard heels clicking the ground, echoing through her ears and immediately sending her into defense mode. "Look at you," Jaerin's voice spoke, the arrogance in her voice even more prevalent than normal, almost as if her voice was bass boosted into her ears. "The big and strong Mari fallen and alone."

The girl looked up with her jaw clenched tightly and her eyes growing wide with rage as the Lee Faction girl stood above her. On her left hand was the golden snake ring she had stolen, glaring at her with disappointed eyes as if she has willingly given up a belonging so personal to her. "It's a shame you just didn't do as I said at the manor, it wouldn't have had to turn out like this. We could have come to a compromise and you would have gotten your ring back." Jaerin commented, admiring how the snake ring decorated her dainty hand, "What a pretty ring it is indeed."

"I'd rather die than do what you ask of me!" She growled, trying to wiggle her way out of her captors' grasp. The girl lunged forward, shoving all of her weight to her chest and practically throwing herself towards Jaerin. The captors must have let go of her at the last second, watching her stumble and fall from overestimating just how much weight she was using and landing at Jaerin's feet. Though Mari quickly recovered, her nails like cat claws as she swiped towards her legs.

Though Jaerin simply disappeared from her sight, her hands phasing through the girl's ankles as if she was a ghost. Mari frightened herself at the sight, quickly crawling away from where the Lee Faction girl once stood as she tried to process what had just happened. She yelped when she felt her back hit something solid, only to find the girl standing over her once again with a mocking smirk on her face. "Oh I know you'd rather die but that's no fun, is it? I'd rather watch you scream and weep instead!"

Her laugh echoed across the walls, bouncing from place to place as it gradually began to become louder than before. Mari covered her ears in retaliation as the sound slowly descended into one mimicking nails on a chalkboard, screeching a horrible and ugly sound so deafening that the girl could barely hear her own thoughts. "Lee Jaerin!" She yelled, unable to muffle the sound. "What the hell are you doing? Stop it! Stop it right now!"