forty one ▋rest well

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"I'm sorry you want me to what?" Mari asked her, shooting the girl what was supposed to be a hard and blazing glare. Though there was no doubt that she was trembling, her entire body shaking in pure terror and distraught as she backed away from Hongjoong.

"Kill him," Jaerin responded nonchalantly. She placed the snake ring on her finger, admiring the way it looked against her rather dainty hands. "Why should that be hard? You make into this room with every intent to murder any living soul who wasn't on your side of the fight and Hongjoong so happens to be one of them. And don't tell me you've already forgotten about your poor mother? The woman slaughtered mercilessly by him and his people?"

"Jaerin—" Hongjoong tried to defend himself to make him seem any worse than he already was.

She felt like her legs were going to give out on her, that her whole body was going to shut down at any second. "That was you?" Mari questioned him. "It was you who killed my mother and nearly ended my friend's life? You did that to them?"

"Not me... specifically?" He tried to convince her, trying to find the right words to say so that it didn't make the situation escalate even further. Jaerin stood and smiled, adoring the new piece of jewelry she had taken from the hands of someone else. "I wasn't even there, I was dealing with my own problems. You know that! I promise, princess, had I known I wouldn't have let it happen."

"Would you now?" Jaerin spoke, backing away towards the mahogany doors. "You may be the son of the Godfather but you've practically got no power there. You've alienated yourself from him so much that no one is willing to listen to you anymore unless you step up to the plate that's been displayed out for you. You couldn't change a thing, even if you wanted to. The only way your father could get you to assimilate with the faction was forcing you into that assassination group. And my, my, what a good killer you are."

Mari couldn't think straight, her head twisting and turning constantly at all the information that was being unwillingly thrown at her. She wanted to make it stop, she needed to make it stop. Every bit of knowledge she gathered from Jaerin's mouth was like daggers being thrown straight at her heart, making her bleed without even realizing it. That pristine image of a Hongjoong she had built was slowly being torn and battered into a pulp with every epiphany she had.

"Mari," Jaerin addressed her, holding her ring finger out to Mari to flaunt the pretty hand-me-down. "It would do you so much good to do as I say. You can hurt the Kim Faction by killing their last heir, you'll get your mother's ring back, and you'll even get the vengeance you've searched for as payback for all the atrocities that have donned your life. Doesn't that sound like a pretty good deal?"

The girl snatched the pistol out of Hongjoong's weakened hands, catching him off guard as she pointed the muzzle of the gun towards Jaerin. The Lee Faction heir yelped at the weapon pulled on her, her back pressing up against the mahogany door as she tried to back away from her. Mari's blood was boiling, practically radiating a blistering hot heat that matched the hostility of her glare. "How about I kill you first instead? I like that idea a lot more."