fourteen ▋my sun, my moon, my stars

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

When the girl had left the manor, the afternoon was upon her. The sky was turning into its natural painting of orange and yellows as the sun slowly fell into its slumber. It's a shame how she didn't really pay attention to the wonder that Mother Nature was presenting her, but she was distracted. Mari was fleeing from problems as fast as her legs decided to take her and her eyes were being blinded with hot tears that threatened to fall. Despite the clear skies that hung above her, there was a storm of emotions and thoughts in her head that she just couldn't get rid of.

Hence her running, desperately hoping that the farther she got from the source of the problem, the clearer her mind would become. By the time she had finally given her legs a break, the dark blue night was hovering over her. The stars were shining just a bit brighter than before, and the moon was the only thing accompanying her on her flee. Mari's knees had hit the concrete sidewalk hard, bruising them a little harshly on contact. She didn't even notice though, not when her body was releasing all sorts of emotions she didn't even know she was capable of.

With nobody around to within it, she broke down. The small little droplets of tears that were spilling while she was running had suddenly come out her eyes like a flood. She sat there on the sidewalk, sobbing her little heart out without hesitation. Mari unintentionally was handing herself and feelings to bystanders on a silver platter. She tried to hide just in case anyone was around, dropping her head into her arms and using her hair to hide her face. But it wasn't going to help Mari when she was having trouble catching her own breath in the middle of her weeps, making her crying noisy and bothersome. Thankfully, it was the middle of the night.

Somehow, someway, she found herself stumbling towards a children's playground. It had all the classic playground equipment: swings, slides, etc. all of it was going unused, seeing as the target demographic should be inside and sleeping at night time hours. Mari didn't know what compelled her to, but she ended up walking towards it, using as her temporary hideaway from the public. People usually steered clear of playgrounds at night, fearing the eerie and scary horrors it radiated around that time. But, to Mari, it simply was illuminated by the night lights, making it look more like heaven than anywhere else she passed by.

So Mari sat in the tunnel tube of a children's playground, her legs pulled up close to her as she stared at the small window that was built into its plastic walls. She had no clue how she was able to fit inside, these tunnels were supposed to be for children in elementary and below. Those are all relatively small people that can easily slip through things. Mari was an eighteen-year-old girl who had reached the average of a woman by now. Climbing inside should have felt impossible, but she was able to get inside anyways.

She had been sitting in the tube for a while now, she had lost track of exactly how long it had been. It wasn't like Mari was really paying attention to the time though, she was too busy wallowing in her thoughts and trying to pull herself out of the vulnerable state she was in. One part of her was furious, having acknowledged the situation and wanting to jump up and take action right at that second. Yet another part of her was tugging Mari down, almost forcing her to stay in the mood she was in. Both sides were clashes furiously, and the only product of it was fiercely hot tears that ran down her cheeks.