thirty two ▋track star

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The moment Mari had stepped foot onto her school's campus, she immediately went into hiding mode. It wasn't even that long ago since her incident of attacking Jaerin, in fact, it was just the night before even. The tension was still high between the two girls and the mere sight of the other might cause a catfight to break out. While she was always down to drag the Lee Faction heir back to Earth by her hair, in public it wasn't the best place to proceed with such an act.

So she had been hiding away from plain sight all day,  going solo for as long as she could last. Keeping her head down in hallways, dashing into random classrooms, wearing her school's entire uniform to disguise herself, she even went so far as to avoid San during the day in order to keep herself hidden. Mari believed the girl didn't have much intelligence in that small brain of hers, but she wasn't going to immediately assume she was stupid either. There was a slight routine to Mari's everyday life and she would willingly disrupt it if it meant not having to face her consequences.

Mari had done well so far with going the entire day avoiding Jaerin and not having to hear a single word come from her mouth. Though the keyword is so far.

"Shit," She hissed, pressing her back against the wall of the classroom. Mari was trying her best to escape the school's premise so that she could go home and collapse in peace, Jaerin had finally started the witch hunt. In the classroom, she was standing next to was Jaerin and a teacher, a very frustrated and annoyed looking teacher. Mari had immediately recognized them as one of the adults who were forced to watch her during her detention hours. None of those teachers really liked her, which meant she was in definite trouble.

"Are you serious? Seo Mari was the one who did this to you?" They asked Jaerin, their time thinning with anger. "I know she's not the best of students but I never assumed she would go this far."

There was a moment of silence in the room, which Mari could only assume with Jaerin giving the teacher a pitiful nod. "She's never liked me, no matter what I did to try and make it up to her. Now she's targeting and taking all of her anger out on me! I've even got the wounds to prove it!"

"Woah... she lies so effortlessly, you'd almost think she's telling the truth," A quiet voice spoke from beside Mari, listening in on the same conversation. She hadn't even noticed anyone had snuck up on her, their footsteps must have been as light as a feather even. Though with the combination of the undetectable approach and the rather small voice, she had easily identified the person to be San. "You can almost say she's a pathological liar, she's had lots of practice to make herself sound this believable."

"I wouldn't say she's a pathological liar," Mari replied, glancing towards the boy. His eyes were wide of those of a cat's curiosity gleaming through them as he tried to piece together the situation laid before him. "She's had all day to think about how to jab at me for literally attacking her like an animal yesterday, I've been avoiding her presence since I got here."