nineteen ▋dulce periculum

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Do I know you?" Mari questioned, his grip tightening around Wooyoung's hand as she gave the boy a hard stare. The door to the room closed behind the pair, leaving them all alone with the boy in question. Jongho didn't say anything after his mysterious two words, only returning the girl's stare with an equally hard one. "Answer me, you have no choice but to." The girl demanded, feeling her brain already festering up with confusion and frustration.

The boy smiled at her, his expression almost teasing in a way. Though his one black eye restrained the moment in his face, causing his smile to be a little lopsided at the same time. "Oh yeah, I know you. Not much of course, but enough to pick you out of a crowd. It's funny, you're a lot different from how people describe you." He answered, sitting up in the seat he was tied to. "Oh, I shouldn't say people. More like... person."

"This is Choi Jongho," Yeosang formally introduced, twirling the keys to the room in his hands. He slid past Wooyoung and Mari to stand right in front of the boy currently under investigation, his expression never wavering from the blank one he wore. "It's been rather hard getting information out of him for the past few days. Yet he seems... rather talkative today."

The expression on Jongho's face dropped almost immediately. The little playfulness that was bouncing between his eyes and voice completely dissipated within seconds. Mari felt a rush of emotions overcome her, namely the despair from earlier. It was as if the boy was projecting his emotions out there for the world to see, unable to mask them to hide his true colors. He must truly be afraid of Yeosang.

She glanced between the two before dropping Wooyoung's hand as quickly as she could and pulling Yeosang back into line. The Consigliere's son stumbled at the sudden tugging as Mari pushed him behind her. "That's okay! We need him to be talkative, right?" Mari raised an eyebrow at the boy, silently telling him to back down before turning back to Jongho. "Listen, we aren't going to hurt you."

"Oh, I know." Jongho mocked, "Everyone has said that so far. I know exactly what you want, you want answers to situations I have no part in!"

Wooyoung rolled his eyes at the boy's words, not too keen on his complaining. "Look here kid, we're trying to be the good guys in the situation. We, well... she, wants to prove your innocence to everyone else so we can let you go free. All you have to do is answer a few questions and you're ready to go." He attempted to explain, though Jongho wasn't buying anything he was being told.

"Listen to me," Mari said, though it was more of a growl of frustration. She took a few steps forward before crouching down in front of him, placing her hands on the boy's shoulders to catch his attention. Jongho winced as a result, perhaps because he may have had some injuries on his shoulders. Mari immediately recoiled her hands, instead of placing them on his lap.