seven ▋devilish

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Asshole," Mari mumbled, sitting down a table with a huff. It wasn't directed at Wooyoung, she couldn't blame him for his decision. She had no true reason to be bad at him anyways. What she was really riled up about was the fact that the Underboss was undermining her abilities. The girl had proven herself to be a very skilled individual! She was probably one of the best in the faction if she had a say on the matter. Placing her under watch of the Kim Faction was a waste of her abilities.

She couldn't just disobey her orders though. She has no idea who the traitor is, all she knows is that he's been spotted. Plus Wooyoung and San had disappeared into the crowd like smoke, unable to distinguish who was who. Of course, Mari knew her friends rather well. The mere sight of their back would let her know who was who. However, there were too many people in the room combined with the Kim Faction's presence. It would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

With a frustrated frown growing on her face, her eyes trailed across each person she could see. She tried to see if she could spot the skull brooch on their outfits, distinguishing whether or not they were from the Kim Faction or not. Yet San had told her they're not all wearing a brooch, they would give them and their numbers away. If she wanted to figure out who was who, she'd have to look at their demeanor and discover any suspicious behavior. "This is the worst job possible. How am I supposed to do this?"

"Now what poor soul left you all alone here?" Mari jerked away from the sudden voice, snapping out her slight daze and turning around to see who was talking. A stranger was standing behind her, eyes gleaming behind the mask he held up. She couldn't see his face as at all, the covered up entirely by full face mask on his face. Yet she knew he was smirking at her, eyes burning ablaze and his lips probably holding the power of a devil. The girl was immediately on guard, her eyes dropping to the skull brooch in his jacket. "How could he leave such a pretty robin on her own?"

"Kim Faction, scum," She hissed, scrambling out of her seat to put some distance between the two of them. He chuckled at her response, muffled behind the suffocating mask he wore. He took one step towards Mari and she took several more back, reaching for a weapon despite not having one on her. Were Wooyoung and San armed? Or were they just as unarmed as she was. "Stay away from me. I don't know what you want, but you surely won't get anything from me." Mari narrowed her eyes as the masked man nodded understandingly, slowly raising his hands up as if he was being arrested.

"Don't worry little robin. I'm not going to harm you." He reassured her. She didn't feel so assured though as the two were slowly backing into a corner. The farther back they walked, the less populated the area became. Mari didn't like the way things seemed to be going, she needed to find an escape. "I have no bad intentions, I simply approached you because you were alone. Can you really hurt me for trying to comfort a poor broken robin?" He asked, clearly trying to prod her into something.