thirty five ▋white flag

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Mari felt the shift in the atmosphere at the Seo Manor very heavily. There was always a serious undertone in the faction's place of business, but it wasn't enough to disturb the flow of her day to day life. But this time it felt like someone had dropped a piano on her head, the pain ringing out into every inch of her body.

The Underboss and Consigliere had never explicitly stated what the Kim Faction was up to, but she could definitely tell that her father had gotten word of the intrusion. The number of armed soldiers around the Seo Faction increased intensely as well as the number of people being placed as guards around the manor itself. Out of sheer anxiousness, Wooyoung had been placed as Mari's guard once again but more permanently this time. He was forced to go everywhere with her and if he left her side the punishment wouldn't be a simple slap on the wrist like normal.

The Underboss began bringing in certain members of the faction for questioning as well, trying to find the fly within their ranks so that they could eliminate the threat immediately. He wasn't just calling regular soldiers and bullying them into revealing any information they may have been hiding from him though. He was calling high ranking officials of Seo Faction, Lee Faction, and Japanese Yakuza. No one could be trusted outside of her father's close group of associates, they had to make sure even their allies weren't trying to sell them out.

Yeosang had been put to work as well, tasked by his father to work closely with the intelligence team to keep track of the Kim Faction's movements. He wanted to make sure that all eyes were on the rival faction, analyzing their every move and soaking in all the information they could steal from the Kim Faction. During this search for anything that could prepare them for an all-out war with the other faction, Yeosang had dived even deeper into the aimless hole of the assassination unit in hopes of discovering any new knowledge he hadn't received beforehand.

Mari could only wish him luck as she wasn't too sure about whether or not he was going to find anything new. Unlike the Kim Faction, they didn't have anyone on the inside to snag any of the information they needed. However, with the news of the rival faction's frighteningly large amounts of knowledge on them, she could only assume they were planning to send someone in soon.

She could assume that their choice might have been San, seeing as he was a rather capable member of the Seo Faction and the Underboss had the boy under his wing for a very long time. Yet because of his presence during the Kim Faction ambush, he already had eyes on him. Whether the rival faction knew if he was alive or not, they knew his face. Maybe they even caught wind of his name. That was all they needed to put a target in his head if he ever decided to show his face around them again.

Maybe they'd end up sending Jongho? The Lee Faction had been dragging him around with them everywhere they go for a while now, so he must have held some sort of importance to them. Whether it be his strength or intelligence, one of those must be rather valuable to them. That or Jaerin was taking Jongho around with her on purpose, practically waving him around in the air like he was some toy that Mari couldn't get a hold of.