seventeen ▋street fighter

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Are you fucking stupid?!" Mari hissed, slapping Wooyoung's shoulder with as much strength as she could muster at the moment. The boy winced at her attack, even gaining a furiously bright red mark on his exposed arm. "I thought you had at least somewhat of a brain inside your head, it turns out you have none! What gave you the bright idea of bringing a gun out in public huh? You're a teenager Wooyoung, that's against the law when we're not with the faction!" The two were sitting in the comfort of the girl's room after returning back from the neighborhood she and Hongjoong had passed through.

It was her fault, to be honest. She had done a lot of back talking about Hongjoong before to Wooyoung, who soaked up everything she said like a sponge. It was as if he held grudges against a person he had never truly met and let it all explode the moment he had a chance. Plus the fact that she did run away from the manor for an entire night and left her childhood friend worrying about her wellbeing after her little fiasco the day before. The most likely reason he was carrying a pistol with him in the first place was in case the Kim Faction decided to attack again.

Her newly found friend had let her go with Wooyoung back to her house, though it didn't come without excessive persuasion. He didn't like the fact that Mari would be going home with a feral teenaged boy who strapped with a weapon his side and nearly tried to kill him. While she understood his reasoning, Hongjoong couldn't take her home even if Wooyoung wasn't there. Due to her affiliation with the mafia, anyone outside of it would be carefully watched and targeted by the Seo Faction. She may want to throw the biker boy off a cliff most of the time, but she wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

So when Wooyoung brought her back, she had returned to speak to anyone that knew of her existence. She listened when the Underboss tried to appeal to her, didn't go check San to see how he was doing in his current condition, and refused to even make her way towards her father's office. Mari had only one set goal in her mind, and that was to pass out in the comfortable warm sheets of her bed. In fact, the girl had only woken up a few minutes ago. She didn't get home till late in the morning and didn't wake up till the middle of the afternoon.

"I had to bring something or someone with me!" Wooyoung shot back, rubbing his arm carefully in a soothing manner. "It's my job to protect you, you know that. It's been like this since we were kids. Most of the faction was fixated on the injured, what Kim Faction's next step might be, and how to counter it. Yeosang and Consigliere had left with the Underboss to round up the stranglers and create some type of needed peace in the chaos. San was taken somewhere that wasn't the bloodied ground to get the correct treatment he needed and your father..."

Mari didn't even realize she had caught her breath, her body refusing to release the air that so desperately wanted to escape her lungs. Wooyoung noticed this change in her demeanor, trying to find another way to phrase his words. "And your father... is dealing with your family business. So I had to come with a weapon on me, there was no backup I could possibly get in time to go searching for you. What if something happened? My fists alone wouldn't have been able to save you from an ambush, Mari."