twenty four ▋zero to one

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Goddammit, Yeosang!" Mari cursed, her back pressed up against a tree as she tried to keep herself hidden. She was practically sweating from head to toe, her jacket nearly falling off her shoulders and her hair in a disheveled frizzy mess. She had been running for at least twenty minutes after getting ambushed while out of her manor. The same group of men that were dressed in all black were after her, catching her off guard when she had no one to help save her once again. "Maybe if he didn't jinx me before I left the house this would have never happened."

She was rather far from the Seo Manor as she had aimlessly walked in one direction to get away from the mafia infested household. Mari didn't pay attention to where she was going, focused purely on her petty argument with Wooyoung. She was still angry about what happened, though she continuously went back and forth between whether or not she should be the one apologizing or not. Though she didn't get a chance to come to her conclusion, as if she was anywhere close to it when she was attacked by the newest unit of the Kim Faction.

They had chased her even farther from the Seo Faction's main base of operations, though they had no clue how far they were truly from it. The location of the faction's manor was a secret, information that they kept under tight wraps. Mari didn't have the option to turn tail and make a mad dash for her house even if she wanted due to the faction's location being a secret. Hence why she simply ran and hid and hoped that they would give up their chase due to her resilience.

The girl dug in her pocket as quietly as possible, searching for her phone to try and contact someone. Mari had powered off her device in order to keep both San and Wooyoung at bay, knowing how the two boys would probably blow up her phone begging her to come back. "Where is it, where is it. I know I brought it with me..." She mumbled to herself, unable to make out the phone's figure in the darkness of the night.

She froze when she heard the grass rustle, signaling that someone was trying to approach her hiding place. They were getting dangerously close to where she hid, but she didn't have the choice to run and find another place. They'd see her the moment she decided to start running again. "You, idiot! You lost her!" A feminine voice yelled, scolding their partner for their mistake. She wasn't there when Mari had initially started getting chased down, so the woman must have just arrived. "That's what happens when you scream at a child, it scares them away!"

She recognized the voice of the women, her mind focusing on the Kim Faction woman she had met in the Utopia. She had claimed to be the benefactor of CB97 and told the little trio that the whole fight club was going to burn to the ground by the end of the night. Mari cursed under her breath and dropped everything she was doing. Of course, she was the one who was specifically targeting after her: Mari and Wooyoung had blatantly lied to her face, proceeded to unwillingly challenge her beneficiary, and even killed the Player off. She was reasonably pissed off.