thirty six ▋curious cat

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Mari was practically fading in and out of existence, her mind completely flooded with unnecessary thoughts that surfed the waves of her thought process. She simply couldn't think very well at the moment, which was bad. Mari already didn't use her brain as much as those around her but now it was completely shut off. Her body was running on its emergency mode trying to get her through the day without potentially getting herself into any more trouble.

She couldn't help it though preoccupied with what her brain deemed as more important thoughts. Mari was already trying to track her brain around the fact that San was blatantly ignoring her and Wooyoung just had to add to the mix by dumping his feelings right on top of her head at the same time. She wasn't even mentally prepared for it all to happen, hitting her like a speeding eighteen-wheeler truck. And the mere fact that Wooyoung was walking around like there were flowers under his feet? Pretending as if nothing ever happened? She was so close to losing her mind she could feel herself ready to tip over the edge.

How oblivious could she have possibly been to Wooyoung feelings towards her? For nearly her entire life no less? She knew that Wooyoung's skull was like shaking an empty can but Mari's must have been even worse for her to be this ignorant.

She just thought he was being friendly because he's friendly with everyone! Sure sometimes certain things that come out of his mouth are incredibly suggestive, though usually incredibly stupid, but that's just how he acts. Practically been engraved in his personality since birth so you can blame her for not taking the hint.

But then there were also some very obvious suggestions of him being fond of Mari: the jealousy towards Hongjoong, the overprotectiveness, the specific way he treated Mari compared to literally everyone else around him. But they have been friends since childhood! It was normal for friends to be like that with each other... right?

"Mari?" Yeosang's voice rang through her ears, the sound hitting the walls of her head like a pinball machine. The Consigliere's son was standing right outside her room, his head peering through the small crack in the door. The boy's usually ice piercing gaze was shrouded in worry as Mari urged him in, confused by his sudden presence. "You know you should really fire Wooyoung, he may be a very competent soldier on the field but he sucks at guarding. He's literally slouched against the wall sleeping on the job."

Wooyoung was still her "bodyguard" as well thanks to the Kim Faction's scare. She thought the two of them standing and following each other around would be awkward after the school incident, but it seemed like the feeling was one-sided. "I can't really... do that," Mari responded as Yeosang closed the door behind him, giving her a rather skeptical look. "You know... my dad would kinda lose his shit. Not that he hasn't already lost his mind already but you know, he would lose it for even longer. Did that actually make any sense? Now that I say it out loud it doesn't—"