twenty six ▋the art of lying

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Mari lived in a manor so needless to say she was rather wealthy herself. Yet despite her expensive and lavish background, she was still extremely amazed by Mingi's house. The last time she had seen it the lights were turned off with LED lighting up the rooms with thousands of flashing colors. There were too many people in the house at the time due to the boy throwing an actual wild party full of teenagers and college students, so she could barely make out what her surroundings were besides the giant crowd of people that had surrounded her. And then at the same time, she did pass out drunk and didn't get to explore as much as she would have liked.

So one could imagine the amount of surprise on her face when she had entered the boy's house, being greeted by pure white walls and chocolate hardwood floors. There were two large windows that were staring at the boy's large backyard, giving them a very clear view of the outdoors that made Mari wonder how she couldn't find the door to the backyard in the first place during the party. There were several white chairs and one sectional that surrounded a coffee table in the middle, with a grand expensive television hanging up on the wall followed by a few family portraits and baby pictures of Mingi hung up on the walls.

She had asked the boy how he had gotten so wealthy, being completely blown away by just his living room alone. He had given her a rather sheepish and shy smile, flattered by her amazement as he had answered her. "My parents have a lot of businesses they worked to cultivate when I was younger. They're sorta like... traveling entrepreneurs that are constantly making deals with smaller companies to bring them into their own. They also work with Hongjoong's parents as one of their major shareholders. Money comes in and out of the house a lot."

Mingi was odd. His personality didn't match his upbringing. Like Jaerin, he had been raised in a wealthy family that shared some sort of connection to Hongjoong's parents that most likely increased their wealth tremendously if the boy was as rich as she believed he was. Yet Jaerin was rather sly and smug in the way she carried herself, most likely using the money her family earned for her own personal gain like gifting Hongjoong presents to make herself appeal to him more. The only thing Mingi seemed to really do was throw parties when his parents weren't home, and even so, his house was still in contact despite how wild unsupervised parties could become.

Then again, Jaerin was a part of the Lee Faction. Her ego was absolutely through the roof because if any regular person tried to threaten her they'd end up dead on a highway the next day. So Mari did understand just a little as to why the girl was a bit too arrogant for her own good.

While the group was waiting on Hongjoong to return from the garage, Yunho and Mingi had taken it upon themselves to keep Mari entertained. Though she was already preoccupied, staring at the several expensive objects in the living that she wouldn't dare buy and laughing at the silly baby pictures of Mingi that were hung up around sparsely. She couldn't help pointing out what she saw, comparing the boy's past appearance to his current one. They looked like two completely different people.