thirty one ▋viper queen

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"What do you want?" Mari hissed, closing her room door behind her cautiously as she stepped out. Yeosang had arrived at her room earlier in the day to bring her news that her presence was needed by her father. She hadn't immediately made a mad dash for her father's office as she had just returned back to the Seo Manor and spent a few hours with Wooyoung in comfortable yet complete silence, so with that being said she was rather late to her meeting with him. Mari had intended to approach her father when her energy had been rejuvenated from the former events, as she knew she'd need a lot of brain power for whatever he was asking to speak to her about.

Yet unfortunately it seemed as though she was going to spend her energy on something different and more difficult to penetrate. "I just came by to greet you," The sickly sweet voice of Jaerin told her, smiling at her so widely that she could see every lie she was going to spite from her mouth. "I mean... you disappeared for almost a whole week! Your father and my father had held a dinner with our respective Consiglieres and Underbosses in honor of the Lee-Seo alliance. What did my father call it? The Amphithere Alliance I believe."

"Yeah? Well I wouldn't want to have dinner with you anyways," Mari replied, her eyes mimicking Yeosang's annoyed stone cold gaze as she pushed past the Lee Faction heir. She could only imagine how awkward and tense that dinner would have been if Mari was present. The two daughters of their respective mafia's staring at each other with murderous intent for their past encounters that neither of their families knew of. "Just looking at you would make me lose my appetite."

Jaerin hummed in response, her smile twitching in annoyance to Mari's jab. Though she continued after her, following behind her steps as she began to pester her. "I can only help but wonder, where did you go? I knew snakes were very good at camouflaging with their surroundings, but you quite literally disappeared into thin air." She told her, referencing the Seo Faction's so-to-say mascot, a venomous snake, in her analogy.

Mari stopped in her tracks forcing a smile to play on her lips as she faced the girl. "Where I went, Jaerin, is none of your business. Now if you excuse me, I have somewhere to be right now." She growled, scanning the girl's appearance and silently judging her in her head. The girl truly did dress like fake royalty, using the moment her faction earned and spending it on expensive clothing brands. How typical for a spoiled princess such as herself.

After a few seconds of pure silence, Mari started making her way down the hallway. She slowly began to inhale and exhale, not letting a petty temper overwhelming her thoughts and actions. One wrong step and Mari might bite Jaerin's head off for aggravating her so much. "Am I not even allowed to guess?" Her voice piped up after a few seconds, talking about that sounded a little more taunting than need be.

"No," Mari answered, trying to keep the conversation as short as possible. "You don't get to guess where I've been. That's my business and mine alone."