twelve ▋lost goodbyes

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Fuck!" Mari yelled, hitting the ground with a thud. She let out a distressed groan, rubbing her back as she tried to soothe the pain. Though Wooyoung stood tall and proud in front of her, covering up a nasty bruise that Mari had left on his cheek. It didn't stop the cocky smirk that grew on his face as he crouched down next to her, rubbing his win in her face. She shot him a sharp glare, clearly letting him get to her. Mari was strong, yes, but Wooyoung was just another breed. Ever since he joined the Seo Faction he continued to increase his strength with every passing day. Though she took her chance to outsmart him when his guard was down.

"Cocky bastard," Mari mumbled as she grabbed his arm, making it the diversion. Wooyoung was only seconds away from snatching his arm away when she used her other hand grab his leg. His face was plastered with pure confusion as she pulled his legs from under him, causing him to stumble onto three ground himself. The girl got to her feet before he did, and placed a foot on his chest with all of her weight on it. This would only work for a little while to keep him down. Mari wasn't really the heaviest of the bunch. Nor was she the lightest. "I'm starting to think you're just letting me do this to accept your apology." The boy gave her a sheepish smile at her statement, she was right.

By now, it's been an entire week since Mingi's party. And if she had to be completely honest with her, she didn't really remember anything from that day. Whether that was a bad thing or a blessing was currently undecided. All she could recall was when she had arrived at the party. When she was hanging around Jaerin, following her to the backyard. And Mari couldn't forget that god awful headache. Everything afterward was a complete and total blur. Though she did remember the middle of the night. She woke up to being carried on Wooyoung's back to Rolls-Royce that belonged to the consigliere. Quiet literally upon sight she started to complain about him leaving her alone so quickly.

But Mari didn't get very far with her complaining. Not when she felt like something horrible was going to come up from her stomach at any moment. All Wooyoung told her was that she had gotten intoxicated and Mingi had called him from her phone to take her home. She immediately assumed the worst when the words came out his mouth, assuming that the consigliere and her father would be sitting in the car waiting for her. Yet the man himself wasn't in the car, neither of them were. It was just Yeosang, sitting in the front seat with an escort diving it. The two had sworn secrecy to not tell her father anything that had happened. Though it's not like any of them really knew either.

That drive back to the manor wasn't the smoothest ride she had ever been on. Mari swore she might have vomited up whatever she drank at least five times, and she probably got it out all on the first try. She felt extremely embarrassed, especially to have Yeosang in the car with her to witness her moment of weakness. He didn't pay any mind to it though, simply letting Wooyoung take care of it. Thankfully her friend had seen her in worse situations and wasn't disgusted by her very vulnerable state. He rubbed her back to try and soothe the pain, asking Yeosang and his escort to stop at a corner store for medicine. Though by the time they got to the manor, she was fast asleep and getting ready for a terrible hangover the next day.