fifteen ▋seo's lament

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Mari couldn't stop looking at the fresh ink on her skin, admiring the small yet simple design on her wrist. It wasn't anything wild and extravagant like the many tattoos that donned Hongjoong's skin, but it was just perfect for her. The tattoo was a small sun, moon, and stars, with Mari's moon being colored in black. She had chosen it herself, partly because she didn't know exactly what she wanted to get. She knew that tattoos were very hard to remove, seeing as they were meant to be permanent. So she blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

Hongjoong sat down next to her, a huge grin on his face as he showed her his own wrist. He had gotten a new tattoo as well, one that matched Mari's since that's what he had agreed to. The only difference between the two was that his sun was colored in black. "Congratulations, you've completed step one of rebellion. You've officially joined the crew." He joked, his laugh echoing through the almost empty parlor. He had gotten their matching tattoo on his right arm, the canvas that had yet to be painted on yet.

"Are you sure that's okay? I mean, you were probably saving that arm for something more... intricate weren't you?" Mari asked, her eyes stuck on the tattoo she had suggested that tainted his skin.  Hongjoong gave her a questioning glance, clearly not understanding exactly what she meant. The girl cleared her throat, trying to find the exact words she was trying to say. "Well... tattoos are supposed to have meaning right? The whole sun, moon, stars thing I came up with doesn't really... meet that standard."

"Who came up with that lame rule?" Hongjoong snorted, shoving his hands in his pockets as they walked up a grassy slope, his motorcycle long forgotten. After leaving the tattoo studio, he had quickly rushed her onto his motorcycle and brought her... somewhere. They were on the very edge of a busy street, his motorcycle left at the bottom of the slope somewhere in the grass. They were heading up the hill, but to what, Mari didn't know. The cars were just getting smaller and smaller the higher they climbed.  "Tattoos don't need to have meaning, as long as you like it then that's all matters."

Mari's unintentionally pout made way on her face, she couldn't even wipe it off before Hongjoong had seen her. The boy laughed at her as he stopped in his tracks, crossing his arms as he spoke to her in a teasing tone, "If you want it to have a meaning you could always come up with one later? Yunho and Seonghwa like to come up with dumb stories that could have made me subconsciously get all the ones I have. Plus, I think your tattoo is a nice addition to my collection anyways, princess. So you have no need to worry about it."

"You flatter me," She mocked him, clearly not taking his words to heart. Hongjoong was... an odd one if she had to be honest. He tried his absolute hardest to keep up his hostile demeanor in terms of appearances and actions. Leather jackets, a million piercing tattoos, dyed hair, motorcycles, and sneaking out at night behind adult's back. He looked like the epitome of a reckless, selfish teenager: a badboy. And yet here he was, hanging out with Mari in the middle of the night and concerned over her wellbeing. What did she do to make him act this way? All she had done was tease him whenever she got the chance. "Alright lover boy, will you finally tell me where you're taking me?"