forty three ▋feelings are fatal

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The forecast had predicted rain before she left the house, and she could see why. What used to be the pretty clear skies above her had become dark and cloudy, casting its dark grey shadow over the rest of the world as it prepared to cry thousands of tears. Mari could hear the slight rumbling of thunder in the distance if she listened close enough as well. Yet even despite the clear warnings of the evident showers that would pour on her head, she didn't grab a jacket or umbrella to protect her from the rain. She was a little too distracted to pay attention to her own well being.

"Are you sure you're going to be fine?" San asked her, sitting down in the grass as he glanced up cautiously towards the sky. "I mean, you did say this was the first time you've seen him in a while... right? I don't want anything to get wildly out of hand, the goal is to find some way to get to Wooyoung after all, not have you two nearly kill each other."

The two were at the bottom of a familiar hill with a footbridge that spanned over a long and large street that ran below it. They had been here before, around two or so months back when Mari and Hongjoong had gotten the tattoos that were inked on their skin together. She could remember the event that had transpired here like it was yesterday, the memories still fresh in her mind whether they were good and bad. What an ironic place to meet up.

"It'll be fine," Mari reassured him, absentmindedly picking at the grass as she spoke. "Or at least, I'll have to make it fine. Wooyoung's fate depends on whether or not Hongjoong is willing to help me at the moment and we have no clue whether or not he will even do anything for me after what happened at the Seo Manor."

San gave her a skeptical eye, not even sure if this plan is going to work or not. All Mari had done was shoot the boy a text saying she wanted to meet up and talk and didn't even respond when Hongjoong had sent a reply back. She was hyper focused on getting the information she needed to find Wooyoung on her own, and if she had to shake the information out of the boy she'd do it. He had to at least know something about her childhood friend's kidnapping, Mari would literally take any information that would be helpful at the moment.

Plus, with the knowledge that Hongjoong was the heir to the Kim Faction, he must have a little insight into what was going on. She knew he had told her that he didn't pander much in his father's "business" but he had to know something. Jaerin didn't even care about the work the Lee Faction had been doing before she met Mari and decided then was the perfect time to put all these connections she had to work.

"Well, I know this was my plan but," San began, "maybe you should have sorted out your problems with him first before proceeding to ask him about Wooyoung and the whole "dinner plan". I feel like a quick kiss and make up would be a lot more effective than just jumping into this without a second thought."

"San, we don't have time for that right now." She reminded him. "As you said, we can't wait till the last moment. Wooyoung needs us to get him out of... wherever the hell is. His whole family was slaughtered mercilessly by the Kim Faction and now he's possibly in the same position that they were in. That's rather traumatizing and I don't want him to be there any longer than he already is."