Chapter 28

It's been a hot minute since I updated, but as promised here is a new chapter! This one is steamy...you've been warned.

Tony P.O.V

I'd told Pepper that Cap was watching Callie for the night hoping that she'd get the hint that I want to spend the evening together. I'm not sure if it had the effect I was wanting, she just made some back handed remark about the fact that I hadn't "sleep trained" Callie, turned and marched away, the clicking of her heels echoing down the hallway as she goes.

I suck in a breath and cross my arms, and watch in confusion as she stops to open her bedroom door and disappears behind it.

I run a hand through my hair and pull at it in frustration. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do in this situation. The woman I love hates my daughter. I don't know why I expected it to be any different, I adopted a kid without even checking with Pepper; I should have handled the situation differently. But it's too late.

I pull my eyes away from the closed door between me and Pepper, and bring myself to enter my own room. Closing the door behind myself, I lean my back against it and squeeze my eyes tight.
I feel trapped, my chest is tight and it's difficult to breathe. This is a whole new level of commitment that I've never experienced before and its overwhelming. This child calls me "Dad" and yet I hardly know her. She barely talks to me, but somehow I love her and yet she has single handedly destroyed the one relationship that I'd ever managed to maintain. Or maybe it's me that has destroyed it... somehow I know that that's the truth but I honestly never expected Pepper to be so cold.

Suddenly anger comes over me. How can she come here, demand that I get a nanny and then stomp around like I've wronged her? All I've done is show kindness and give a home to an abused orphan--I shouldn't be punished for that!

I pull out my cell phone, and send Pepper a text, "why did you bother coming if you're not going to make an effort with Callie, or me for that matter?"

"And I don't know how you could possibly expect a brutally abused 5 year old to be sleep trained only a month after being rescued." I add indignantly.

The typing ellipses appear on the screen and I hold my breath waiting for her response. They disappear and reappear several times, implying that she is deleting her message and restarting it several times before arriving at a response she's happy with. But then they disappear altogether and I find myself relieved and slightly disappointed.

Before I can send a third text message there is a knock echoes against the wood behind me, causing me to jump in surprise.

I turn from my position against the door and slowly open it.

Standing before me, about a head shorter, is the redheaded woman, with a bathrobe hanging on her slender shoulders; the tie is knotted low on her waist allowing the swell of her breasts to peek out. Her hair is wet giving me the impression that she just came from the shower. I begin to ask what she wants, but she brings her slender fingers to my lips to silence me.

"You're right Tony, I've not been fair. Let me make it up to you," the look in her eyes and the way her lips are slightly parted makes my heart skip a beat and then begin pounding faster.

Suddenly all offence has disappeared, and my only thought is how badly I want her, and how I'd do anything to not screw up this moment.

"Okay," I smile playfully, "but it better be good, you have a lot to make up for." I wink just so she doesn't take my words too seriously.

She grabs the hem of my T-shirt and swiftly pulls it over my head, tossing the black material aside. She then places her hands on my bare chest, running her fingers over the lean muscles before roughly pushing me back onto the bed.

"Don't worry, when I'm done you'll forget all about it." She whispers and slowly pulls at the tie of her house coat, letting it fall at her feet.

I take in the beauty of the naked woman before me--a sight I've probably seen a thousand times but it never ceases to arouse me. The bulge in my black jeans gives me away and I raise an eyebrow at her.

She strides over to me and cups me through my pants, I lift up a hand to her breast but she stops me. I tilt my head in confusion, she smiles wickedly, "you're not allowed to touch."

"What, why?" I ask, still smiling but slightly nervous.

"Because I'm making it up to you, remember?" She says widen her eyes innocently as she expertly unbuttons my jeans and pulls both them and my boxers down around my ankles.

Kneeling on the ground in front of me she takes my erection in her hand and begins gently stroking the length of it.

I moan and close my eyes. I've been starving for this, at this moment I'd do anything to make this happen.

Pepper P.O.V

Tony moans in pleasure, and rolls his head back and I know I've got him. He can be irritatingly stubborn but in this moment he will do anything for me; it's how I've managed to get my way in several disputes throughout our relationship. Now this situation is slightly different and the stakes are higher. I'm not sure if it will work this time seeing as it's in regards to that little bratt he calls his daughter, but despite everything, I love him and I'm not going to just walk away without making a last ditch effort. And judging by the way he is moaning my name right now I think I just might have a shot.

He begins rocking his hips up and down with my hand motion indicating that he is getting close. I stop stroking him and instruct him to lay further up on the bed, he quickly obliges and eagerly looks at me in anticipation.

I crawl up onto the bed, slowly, gazing up at him through my long lashes as sensually as possible. His breathing has calmed and I know that he had come off the ledge, so I straddle him and lower myself on to his member.

"Oh Tony!" I gasp sensually and start grinding my hips against him while I pinch my own nipples bringing him closer to the edge.

I place my hand down by his head allowing myself room to pump my hips up and down with more speed.

"Oh fuck, don't stop!" He cries, and I know it's now or never.

I instantly pull off of him, hovering just far enough above him that he can feel my heat but isn't making contact.

He groans, and looks at me annoyed, "I said DON'T stop," he says with emphasis.

"Do you want it?" I whisper with a smirk.

"Yes," he hisses, running his hands through his hair.

"I'll give it to you, you just have to do something for me."

"Okay?" His eyes open and the hesitation in his eyes makes me worried that I may have pulled this one too many times.

I lean down to whisper in his ear, allowing my breasts to gently brush against his chest.

"Let me hire the nanny," I whisper and run a finger over the slick head of his member making him breathe in sharply.

"What?" Tony asks groggily.

I lower myself back on to him slightly, not enough to be satisfying, just enough to drive him crazy. "Let me hire the nanny, I'll take care of everything." I whisper into his ear, dragging out the last word, while simultaneously dipping my hips down onto him for a brief moment and then pulling out again.

"Fuck, Pepper, you're killing me!" He groans in frustration.

"Do you want me Tony?"

"God yes! Please Pepper, I need you!" He pleads, and I know I've got exactly what I wanted.

"Let me hire the nanny, Tony. I need to hear you say it." I repeat myself with more force.

"Ugh, fine!" He says, closing his eyes, "just stop torturing me!"

"Okay," I laugh, "I'm going to hold you to that," I say sincerely and then oblige his desires.