Chapter 46

Tony P.O.V

We practically carried Steve into the house, laying him gingerly on the couch with a pack of ice and some Tylenol. He's soon fast asleep and we all retreat fo the kitchen.

"Poor kid, I feel fucking terrible." I sigh, sitting down at the table.

"Yeah, it was funny though," Clint laughs, looking up whimsically.

"It might have been funnier from far away, holding him just felt barbaric. After the first one I was literally keeping him standing, his legs were completely slack." Thor sighs, grimacing at the thought. "And he kept begging for it to be over, just horrible."

"He is going to be black and blue, that's for sure." Bruce says.

We spend the next few hours talking and watching the kids play, Callie seems much happier after having a good nap, and seems to have lots of fun building blocks with Clint's son.

Around dinner time Steve hobbles out and Callie runs to hug him, he throws a forearm across his groin area and puts his other hand out in front of her, "no, not right now."

Callie sticks her bottom lip out and looks down dejectedly. I pick her up and squish my face against hers, "Uncle has an owie, we need to be really gentle with him," I tell her and sit her down at the table beside her favourite Uncle.

He leans over and kisses her forehead, "having fun with your friends?"

"Yes! Me n Coopa built a tall, tall castle!" She stands in her chair, reaching her arms high above her head.

He raises his eyebrows at her, "really? How tall?"

"So tall!"

"Oh my god, that's crazy." She giggles and grabs his face, kissing his nose.

I sit Callie back on her bottom and place her food in front of her, giving Steve his plate as well.

Clint, who was in the bathroom, comes back and points at Steve, "hey you're up! How're they feeling?" He walks over and flicks Cap's sore spot.

Steve gasps and drops his fork, grabbing himself and placing his head down on the table, "what the hell Clint!"

"Oh, still not so good hey?" He snickers and sits down beside his wife who gives him a scolding look.

"They still hurt that badly?" Bruce bends over beside Steve, concern in his eyes.

"Yes, they still hurt, they're turning purple!" Cap groans, his breathing strained, the cringe in the room is almost audible.

"Can you urinate normally? Or is it, like, weaker? Does it burn coming out?"

"Jesus Bruce!" Steve looks up and down the table, hopeful that no one is listening—but finds everyone staring intently at him and he looks down again, his cheeks glowing.

"Turn it off Doctor Banner," I grab Bruce's shoulder.

"Right sorry, I'll talk to you later."

Suddenly Callie stands up in her chair glaring at Barton, her eyes turn icy blue and his cup tips over into his lap. Clint jumps up, "awe damn it!"

She nods in satisfaction and sits back down.

Callie say sorry!" I scold.

Clint waves me off laughing, "no I deserved it. I wouldn't mind borrowing some pants though."

Steve hugs Callie, rubbing his face in her hair. "He did deserve it, good job baby." She gives him a thumbs up making him laugh.

"Yes absolutely, I'll get you some clothes."